Datalogic, the global leader in the development of automatic data capture (ADC) solutions for the retail industry; will mark the New Year presenting exciting technological solutions designed for the retail marketplace, during the 103rd Annual NRF Show in New York at the Datalogic booth #3545.
Datalogic (datalogic.com) brings 40 years of innovation in Retail Store Automation that began with the first bar code read in a retail store in 1974 and extends to the advanced high performance checkout solution available today including automated scanning, advanced imaging readers, personal shopping, and item recognition.
A replica of the original scanner used in 1974 for the first bar code scan will be displayed alongside the latest addition to the world’s number one brand of high volume checkout scanners in the world, the Magellan™ 9800i high performance scanner. The Magellan 9800i scanner/scale is a fully digital multi-planed imaging scanner that will also demonstrate the ability to scan a product with no visible bar code a dramatic example of Datalogic’s forty year history of ADC expertise.
“Datalogic is fully committed to helping retailers build a valuable and relevant shopping experience for their customers,” states Bill Parnell, CEO and President of Datalogic ADC,“Datalogic continues to invent, adapt, and apply technologies that aid retailers, solution providers, and system integrators in developing solutions that make the in-store shopping experience move valuable to customers.”
The Datalogic booth will showcase:
• Jade™ X7 Automated Scanner (also being shown by several major system integrators) that allows the shopper to place items in any orientation onto a moving check stand belt. The items pass through scanning arches which automatically read bar codes and visually recognize items at a much higher speed than a traditional checkout configuration.
• New Handheld Scanners with additions to the Gryphon™, Heron™, and QuickScan™ readers, with 1D and 2D options as well as corded and cordless solutions.
• New addition to our presentation scanner line, the Gryphon™ GPS4490 scanner offers optimized hands-free omnidirectional scanning performance in a compact design.
• New enhancements to our Mobile Computer line including the soon to be released rugged Memor™ X3 mobile computer capable of reading both 1D and 2D codes and available with standard laser, linear imager or 2D imager engines.
• New Self Shopping enhancements that literally put the shopping experience in the hands of the consumer including a Shopevolution™ smart phone software app and our latest self-shopping handheld device, the Joya™ X1 unit, that provide the shopper with access to real-time pricing, promotions and discounts.
• New Magellan™ 9800i high performance checkout scanner with full digital imaging and Scale Sentry™ that prevents losses due to improper weighing as well as the ability to automatically interact with shoppers smart phones and electronic coupons.
• LaneHawk™ bottom-of-the-basket (BOB) loss prevention solution eliminates losses due to missed items on the bottom of the shopping cart and uses vision based item recognition software that turns BOB losses into profits for the retailer.
We have put together an exciting display in New York to kick off this 40-year anniversary celebration showing solutions that address the key trends and requirements of the retail industry. Datalogic solutions for the store provide the building blocks for a completely re-invented checkout, enabling associates to deliver improved customer service and mobile store operations.
Be sure to stop by Datalogic’s Booth 3545 to experience the many ways that Datalogic innovation enhances your customer’s total shopping experience.