PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2013/12/12 - New Release of Oracle SQL Developer Optimizes Development and Database Administration for Oracle Database 12c and Expands Automation of Third Party Migrations to Oracle [NYSE: ORCL] - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
To effectively manage today’s evolving data requirements, developers and database administrators need user-friendly tools to speed and simplify development and data management activities. The latest version of Oracle’s integrated development environment, Oracle SQL Developer 4.0, streamlines database adoption to Oracle Database 12c and helps increase productivity for a broad list of database development tasks so organizations can fully capitalize on the power of enterprise data.
Oracle today announced the release of Oracle SQL Developer 4.0, enhanced with new functionality to simplify the development and management of Oracle Database environments.
Supporting new innovations in Oracle Database 12c, including its multitenant architecture and data redaction, Oracle SQL Developer 4.0 helps developers and database administrators increase productivity and performance.
The latest generation of the world’s #1 database, Oracle Database 12c is designed for the cloud with an innovative, multitenant architecture.
By leveraging the migration tooling included in Oracle SQL Developer 4.0, customers can realize a significant decrease in the cost of migrating legacy systems and applications as less custom coding and database development is required.
Updates to SQL Developer Tool Drive Database Adoption and Productivity
Oracle SQL Developer 4.0 incorporates significant new functionality, enabling users to:
• Manage Pluggable Databases: new tools to effectively manage the multitenant architecture of Oracle Database 12c so developers can easily create, manage and plug databases into the Cloud.
• Enhance Reporting: Dozens of additional charting options enable developers to deliver rich, easy-to-interpret reports to internal users and partners.
• Streamline Development: An enhanced command-line interface for report generation and testing allows developers to build features directly into automated processes and tasks, speeding the development process.
• Improve Code: Developers will enjoy source control support for the popular GIT technology as well as many new code assistance features to identify possible syntax errors before code execution.
• Speed Migration: a new tool to manage SQL Translation Framework initially available for Microsoft SQL Server and SAP Sybase ASE T-SQL to help developers quickly migrate from third-party platforms to Oracle Database 12c with native SQL code translation.
The standard development tool of choice for Oracle Database customers, Oracle SQL Developer 4.0 is downloadable today from the Oracle Technology Network (OTN).
“Harnessing the power of enterprise data has never been easier for more than 3.3 million developers that use Oracle SQL Developer,” said Michael Hichwa, vice president of software development at Oracle. “Leveraging Oracle SQL Developer 4.0 as a free support to Oracle Database 12c, organizations can adopt the world’s most capable database quickly and easily.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owner.
Contact: Joan Touchstone, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5110 - E: jtouchstone[.]blancandotus.com.