Telenity, a leading provider of next generation converged services platforms and applications for communications networks, announced today that its Canvas® CSP, Converged Services Platform components has been successfully deployed in Turkcell’s Service Delivery Platform Architecture (SDPA), a leading third largest GSM operator in Europe with a subscriber base of 31.8 million.
Turkcell selected Telenity’s Canvas® CSP, Converged Services Platform, for SDP deployment to enable wide range of value-added services for voice, data, content and a single point of access to third party application developers and content providers. The approach to SDP deployment is based on a standardized service oriented architecture that will enable Turkcell:
• Create and deploy services quickly
• Reduce the cost and complexity of existing silo service implementation
• Effectively manage, secure single point of access to 3rd party content and applications
• Enable service convergence and migration from legacy to packet switched IMS/IP
“The new SDPA reduces time-to-market for new services. It now takes considerably less time to integrate and deliver new value-added service,” as Turkcell's Chief Service and Product Development Officer explains. "Our service provider partners access the service delivery platform rapidly through our new portal."
Telenity’s position as a global player in the SDP eco-system enables it to incorporate its proven products to offer a risk-free solution. Telenity's experience and extensive know-how help operators evolve to a full SDP in well-defined incremental steps. Telenity was instrumental right from the early phases of the Turkcell SDPA project and worked with Turkcell and leading System Integrators and other software developers for the implementation.
As a result of the commercial launch of SDPA and its portals, Turkcell's Chief Service and Product Development Officer concludes: "We have seen a beyond expectations uptake in our value-added services usage. The new service creation and delivery implementation from Telenity as one of our partner including other SSD partners have helped us to provide the new and more pleasant customer experience with improved time to market values.”
Telenity designed, developed and delivered several key SDP components to Turkcell:
• A Service Control and Management Environment featuring service catalog management, service integration and price management, profile management, unified user management, and subscription management capabilities
• A Service Provider Gateway to allow partner SP/ASPs controlled access to services provided by the Turkcell SDPA subsystems subject to pre-defined SLA enforcements
• A Web Services-based Service Directory for Turkcell to publish/advertise the list of web services available within the Turkcell SDPA architecture to partner application service providers
• A Graphics-based Service Creation Environment for Turkcell and/or third-party application service providers (i.e. partner ASPs) to design and develop value-added services for subsequent deployment in the Turkcell wireless network
• A J2SE-based carrier-grade Service Logic Execution Environment for deployment of applications to be developed by Turkcell and/or partner ASPs
• An Administrative Portal that allows secure access to data repositories maintained as part of the service control and management environment
“Having worked with a leading operator Turkcell, a major System Integrator and other eco-system vendors on the Turkcell SDPA project, Telenity is in a unique position to transfer the wealth of knowledge, experience and development it has generated to other operator's SDP deployments,” says Gurol Akman, Chief Software Architect at Telenity. “The new SDP allows Turkcell to leverage existing investments and offers a flexible migration path to converge voice, data and video into a single service delivery environment. Telenity's key strength is in the Converged Services domain and many Tier 1 players look upon Telenity to provide services on their preferred Application Server platforms.”
Turkcell is the leading GSM operator in Turkey and the third largest GSM operator in Europe with 31.8 million subscribers as of 2006 December. Turkcell is a market leader introducing innovative products and services launched GPRS and EDGE network. Turkcell is the only listed Turkish company in the New York Stock Exchange. Turkcell has interests in international GSM operations in Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Northern Cyprus and Ukraine.
Telenity is a leading provider of next generation converged services platforms and applications for communications networks. Telenity's IMS compliant converged services solutions include: reusable service delivery and content components enabling rapid service creation, deployment and execution functionalities across multiple services and applications; location gateways; integrated messaging solutions; and value added services. Telenity's worldwide customer base includes network operators, service providers and application providers serving over 100 million subscribers. Telenity partners with global and regional network equipment providers, system integrators and computing platform manufacturers. Learn more about Telenity's Canvas family of converged services solutions at Telenity's website.
Visit Telenity at:
• 3GSM World Congress, February 12-15, Barcelona, Spain
• 3G Mobile Eurasia, March 13-14, Istanbul, Turkey
Telenity and Canvas are registered trademarks of Telenity.