PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Markham, Ontario, Canada, 2013/12/04 - GE announced the latest version of its Industrial Energy Management Solution Power Management Control System version 7 (PMCS v7.0) an integrated energy management system that helps industrial customers improve their energy efficiency dollars [NYSE: GE]. NYSE: GE
• Streamlined, User-Friendly Interface Delivers a Fully Integrated View of an Industrial Energy Management System;
• Delivers Data Faster to Help Operators Make Quicker, More Informed Decisions for Problem Determination and Improved Predictive Maintenance;
• Provides New Ways of Visualizing and Managing Energy Data from More Devices.
GE today announced the latest version of its Industrial Energy Management Solution Power Management Control System version 7 (PMCS v7.0) an integrated energy management system that helps industrial customers improve their energy efficiency dollars, which can go directly to their bottom line. By proactively monitoring energy assets and trends, customers can make system changes that will help to optimize energy use, reduce downtime and deliver higher productivity.
PMCS v7.0 delivers improved usability and performance. With improved visualization capability and support for larger device counts and newer versions of devices, PMCS v7.0 provides an intelligent perspective on an energy infrastructure enabling customers to make faster decisions to improve system reliability and realize higher productivity. Customers also can remotely optimize device performance to help manage costs and maximize asset efficiency.
“As industries look for ways to stay competitive, PMCS v7.0 can help improve the performance and manage the cost of their energy management system,” said Juan Macias, general manager, grid automation, GE’s Digital Energy business. “Using the improved data visualization capabilities of this product, our industrial customers can make decisions faster, improve power quality and deliver higher productivity.”
The PMCS v7.0 also is designed to:
• Integrate existing, disparate energy components to establish a baseline for an effective energy management strategy.
• Manage rising energy costs by optimizing energy use of assets during peak demand periods.
• Use data visualization to make faster decisions for day-to-day operations.
• Analyze asset status and energy trends with intelligently aggregated device and system information.
• Remotely optimize device performance.
• Consolidate information about disturbances to improve power quality on the electrical network.
GE’s Digital Energy business (gedigitalenergy.com) is a global leader in transmission and distribution solutions that manage and move power from the power plant to the consumer. Its products and services increase the reliability of electrical power networks and critical equipment for utility, industrial and large commercial customers. From protecting and optimizing assets such as generators, transmission lines and motors, to delivering analytic tools to help manage the power grid, and providing uninterruptible power, GE’s Digital Energy business delivers industry-leading technologies to solve the unique challenges of each customer.
GE (ge.com) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE news, Masto Public Relations - E: information[.]mastopr.com.
Beth Coffman, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518 786 6488 - E: beth.coffman[.]mastopr.com.
Brian McGuire, GE Energy Services
P: +1 678 844 3929 - E: brian.mcguire[.]ge.com.
Howard Masto, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518 786 6488 - E: howard.masto[.]ge.com.