Plantronics, a pioneer in wearable technology, today introduced the BackBeat® GO 2, the next generation of the company’s best-selling wireless stereo earbuds for today’s always-connected consumer. The BackBeat GO 2, which allows users to easily switch between listening to music, watching videos, and taking phone calls, delivers the ultimate in versatility and connectivity, for the music and media enthusiast and mobile professional. Connecting to smartphones, tablets, and music players with Bluetooth®, the BackBeat GO 2 is an ideal solution for users in any environment whether they are immersed in their media, commuting to work, or living an active lifestyle.
The new BackBeat GO 2 features high quality audio with rich bass, crisp highs, and natural mid tones, providing premium acoustics in a compact, lightweight design. Plantronics has also improved the overall power management on this release with extended listen and talk times and the introduction of DeepSleepTM hibernation mode to preserve battery life. The BackBeat Go 2 also offers the option of a sleek, durable, and compact charging and storage case that increases listening and talking time by two full charges (approximately 10 hours).
“Because our lives are a blend of personal and professional engagements that span the entire day, Plantronics recognizes that headsets need to be as versatile as we are ready to dip in and out of media consumption, phone conversations, and conference calls,” said Bobby Joseph, Director-Middle East and India, Plantronics. “The BackBeat GO 2 allows users to easily transition through their busy day without skipping a beat, losing their charge, or getting tangled in cords. It’s the indispensable companion for the always-on, connected professional and media enthusiast.”
The BackBeat GO 2 features:
• High fidelity audio highlighted by rich bass, crisp highs, and natural mid tones for music, movies, and more;
• Fully charged portable case provides two additional charges on the go, tripling the use time of the earbuds alone;
• Sweat Proof coating with P2i moisture protection technology that repels sweat, rain, or spills;
• Lightweight, wireless Bluetooth earbuds with microphone;
• Voice prompts to alert the user about charge remaining and what device is paired;
• DeepSleep™ hibernation mode that keeps earbuds charged and ready to use for up to six months;
• Extended listen (up to 4.5 hours) and talk time (up to 5 hours);
• Battery status meter for iPhone and iPad;
• Improved fit with small, medium, and large eartips and stabilizers for personalized comfort and optimum sound quality.
Pricing and Availability
The BackBeat GO 2 is available in both black and white models at all the leading retailers across the Middle East region and the product is distributed by Emitac Mobile Solutions LLC (EMS), the authorized distributors for Plantronics in Middle East. MSRP for the BackBeat GO 2 earbuds are $99.99.
About Plantronics - Simply Smarter Communications®
Plantronics is a global leader in audio communications for businesses and consumers. We have pioneered new trends in audio technology for 50 years, creating innovative products that allow people to simply communicate. From unified communication solutions to Bluetooth® headsets, we deliver uncompromising quality, an ideal experience, and extraordinary service. Plantronics is used by every company in the Fortune 100™, as well as 911 dispatch, air traffic control and the New York Stock Exchange. For more information, please call us (800) 544-4660.