F5 Networks will bring its mobile operator network expertise in the data, control, and application planes to the LTE North America 2013 event, November 20 22 at the Westin Galleria in Dallas, Texas. LTE experts from the company will speak in multiple sessions throughout the three-day event, highlighting customer deployments and best practices in security, Diameter signaling, traffic steering, policy management, and DNS to help mobile operators evolve their networks to 4G/LTE. The company will also exhibit in booth #43 at the show.
“The problems mobile operators face today in evolving their IP-based, LTE deployments are unprecedented,” said Mallik Tatipamula, VP of Service Provider and Cloud Solutions at F5. “Our DNA in application delivery together with our expertise in Diameter signaling and security enable us to offer reliable solutions to mobile operators. F5 has worked closely with mobile operators for more than a decade to help them intelligently manage huge data and signaling traffic volumes for consistent network performance reducing TCO, improving quality of experience, and enabling new services.”
F5 Speakers Focus on Best Practices for LTE
F5 subject matter experts will participate in the following speaking engagements for the show’s Signaling Focus Day and main conference agenda. Specific session locations will be available onsite.
• Using Diameter to Scale Tier 1 Networks presentation by Tom Carter, VP of Worldwide Sales, Carriers and Service Providers, on Wednesday, November 20 at 10 am. CT.
• Sharing Real World Use Cases and Learnings from Diameter Network Deployments across the World panel discussion featuring Joe Fried, Director of F5 Traffix Sales for North America, on Wednesday, November 20 at 12:45 pm. CT.
• The Future of LTE: Driven by Application Delivery presentation by Jason Haworth, Sr. Director of Field Systems Engineering for Carriers and Service Providers Worldwide, on Thursday, November 21 at 12:15 pm. CT.
• Customer Centric Network Optimization panel discussion featuring Sean Duggan, Director of Product Management and Marketing, Service Provider Solutions, on Thursday, November 21 at 4:30 pm. CT.
F5 Shortlisted for Three LTE Product Awards
F5 has been shortlisted for three LTE product awards, recognizing the company’s ability to protect mobile operator networks and to optimize core network and roaming traffic. F5 products have been nominated in the following categories:
• Best LTE Core Network Product for BIG-IP Advanced Firewall Manager™
• Best LTE Roaming Product for the F5 Traffix™ Signaling Delivery Controller™ and its Diameter Routing Agent (DRA), Diameter Edge Agent (DEA), and Interworking Function (IWF)
• Best LTE Traffic Management Product for BIG-IP® Policy Enforcement Manager™
F5 Headlines “Signaling Focus Day” on Wednesday, November 20
F5 is also a Gold sponsor of the event’s educational Signaling Focus Day, which covers issues surrounding Diameter signaling management, a key differentiator for 4G/LTE networks. In addition, F5 is sponsoring the Analyst Breakfast Briefing, open to all event attendees on Thursday, November 21.
Connect with F5 at the Conference
To schedule a meeting with F5’s LTE experts at the show, click here. For additional information on F5 service provider offerings, please visit f5.com/.
F5, BIG-IP, Advanced Firewall Manager, Policy Enforcement Manager, Signaling Delivery Controller, and Traffix are trademarks and service marks of F5 Networks, Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.
This press release may contain forward looking statements relating to future events or future financial performance that involve risks and uncertainties. Such statements can be identified by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "expects," "plans," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "potential," or "continue," or the negative of such terms or comparable terms. These statements are only predictions and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these statements based upon a number of factors including those identified in the company's filings with the SEC.
Troy Edwards - Porter Novelli for F5 Networks, Inc.
P: 206-770-7025 - E: troy.edwards[.]porternovelli.com.