Daniel Riddell will participate in the session “Multiscreen Services and TV Anywhere” on Tuesday November 12 at 1:15pm.
The interactive session, moderated by Brett Sappington, Director, Research, Parks Associates, examines the challenges and revenue potential in new video services, especially as the costs for content rights escalates and consumer demands change.
• Parks Associates estimates 57% of broadband households in Western Europe will have a smart TV by 2017.
• Among broadband households, 45% in Germany and Belgium, 44% in the U.K., and 39% in France find a smart fire-alert feature very appealing, outscoring energy management options.
• Currently 10-12% of broadband households in the U.K. and France own a home control solution where they can control a device such as a thermostat or security camera via a smartphone or PC.
• Parks Associates European research finds roughly one-third of German and French broadband households and 45% of U.K. broadband households purchased a smartphone in the last six months.
• Parks Associates research finds 45% of broadband households in Germany with TV services found highly appealing an EPG (electronic program guide) that displays their favorite channels up-front, to simplify content discovery. In general they prefer options that prioritize content over filtering functions.
• Parks Associates research finds 27-30% of broadband households in the U.K., France, Germany, and Belgium show strong interest in purchasing at least one home monitoring device they can manage remotely via the Internet.
• Parks Associates research estimates Western European homes will purchase over 213 million new 'intelligent' screens in 2013, including smartphones, tablets, computers, and smart TVs.
• Parks Associates research shows over 70% of pay-TV households in Western Europe now have access to multiscreen/TV Everywhere services.
“As innovative devices and services proliferate, the connected home industries face many new challenges, including low consumer awareness, lack of interoperability, competition from new channels, and consumer expectations for ubiquitous content,“ said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. “We look forward to hearing SmartOTT about their insights into the evolution of the connected home.”
CONNECTIONS™ Europe addresses challenges and new business strategies for monetizing connected-home services, including video, tech support, and home management.
CONNECTIONS™ Europe is sponsored by iControl Networks, Amdocs, AT&T, iYogi, PlanetEcosystems, SAFEVIEW, Securitas Direct - Verisure, Sigma Designs, SmartOTT, Sutherland Global Services, AlertMe, Intamac, Linear, Cisco, and INSTEON. Executives from iControl Networks, Securitas Direct - Verisure, and Orange will present the event keynotes.
About CONNECTIONS™ Europe
CONNECTIONS™ Europe, produced by Parks Associates, offers high-level analysis and consumer research, networking opportunities, and information on emerging connected home services and technologies. The executive summit focuses on the next generation of services in home controls and access & entertainment, including new partnership opportunities, strategies to engage consumers, and the role of the cloud.
SmartOTT (smartott.com), is a leader in Smart TV technology, transcoding solutions, and CE/HTML5 application development. SmartOTT enables content producers, media companies and TV operators to offer anytime content delivery to a range of consumer electronic and Smart TV devices.