PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Dallas, TX, United States, 2013/11/07 - GE’s Critical Power business introduced its new QBVE060A0S10R4 625-watt (W) and the QBVS050A0B 600-W, quarter-brick bus converters [NYSE: GE] - GECriticalPower.com. NYSE: GE
• Power Efficiencies of Latest Barracuda Series Bus Converters Exceed 96 Percent;
• Quarter-Brick Design Provides Optimal Power Density While Requiring Minimal Board Real Estate.
These new modules are part of the company’s Barracuda product series of fully regulated DC/DC power devices. Each of GE’s new bus converters improve power density by more than 50 percent compared to industry-standard 400-W bus converters. In addition, the new bus converters deliver highly efficient power to the load with efficiencies exceeding 96 percent. This industry leading power density and efficiency enables information technology infrastructure, such as servers and routers, to perform at exceptionally high levels.
In addition, the QBVE060A0S10R4 and QBVS050A0B fully regulated bus converters provide efficient, reliable power to high-bandwidth streaming applications such as fourth generation long-term evolution (4G LTE) wireless networks, 100-gigabyte dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) optical networking infrastructure, high-density integrated circuit test equipment and network monitoring and security equipment.
Key features and benefits of the QBVE060A0S10R4 625-W and QBVS050A0B 600-W bus converters
• Designed to support intermediate bus applications where multiple low voltages are generated using point of load converters.
• Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) designers realize improved power density with minimal board real estate.
• Fully regulated devices support distributed power architectures, intermediate bus voltage applications, fan assemblies and other systems requiring tightly regulated output voltages.
• The QBVE060A0S10R4 625-W bus converter operates within a 45- to 56-volt DC input range, delivering 10.4 volts of DC power.
• The QBVS050A0B 600-W bus converter operates within a 52- to 60-volt DC input range, delivering 12 volts of DC power.
• Modules can be paralleled in sets of three for higher power applications.
Availability and pricing
The QBVE060A0S10R4 625-W and QBVS050A0B 600-W bus converter products are currently available, with pricing beginning at $53.80 at OEM volumes. For more information, please call +1 877 546 3243 or +1 972 244 9288.
About GE’s Critical Power business
GE’s Critical Power business (gecriticalpower.com) provides mission-critical applications with end-to-end power product and service solutions specifically designed to maximize uptime while improving energy efficiency. The solutions offered by the Critical Power business add to GE’s broader Industrial Solutions portfolio of leading technologies designed for the delivery, management and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple industries.
GE (ge.com) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE news, Masto Public Relations - E: information[.]mastopr.com.
Matt Falso, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518 786 6488 - E: matt.falso[.]mastopr.com.
Howard Masto, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518 786 6488 - E: howard.masto[.]ge.com.