PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Renton, WA, United States, 2013/11/05 - Parallels, maker of the No. 1-selling software for running Windows applications on a Mac, offers indispensable solutions for business looking to effectively support Apple OSes in today's BYOD workplace - Parallels.com.
Parallels® today announces Parallels Business Solutions, giving businesses the tools necessary to succeed in a mixed Windows and Mac world. Parallels Business Solutions which include updates to Parallels Management Suite and Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition, plus the just-released Parallels Access app for iPad enables IT departments to simply maintain compliance and control while still embracing the technology employees need. IT professionals can protect their investments in Windows-based applications because now they can deliver them on Macs, leverage existing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) infrastructure and skills to fully manage Macs and virtual machines, and unleash productivity by giving employees the freedom to use any Mac or PC app remotely as if it was made for an iPad.
"With Parallels Business Solutions, we are helping customers succeed no matter the size of their business," said Kim Johnston, Parallels vice president of marketing. "We are pleased to help increase productivity by giving employees the freedom to use any device Mac, PC or iPad while still having access to key full-featured applications, even when on-the-go."
As more and more businesses allow employees, contractors, or contingent staff to bring their own computers, it is necessary to ensure company data is properly protected.
Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition helps businesses:
• Set an expiration date for a virtual machine IT Administrators can now set up a virtual machine that stops functioning at a specific date, allowing them to limit access to corporate information to contractors or other temporary workers
• Headless mode Configure a virtual machine to automatically start at host computer boot without the admin needing to log in to the computer and start the virtual machine
• Enhanced support for setting Parallels Desktop and virtual machine settings using command line tool
• Enhanced Mass Deployment tools and guide give IT administrators greater choice and control when deploying virtual machines
• Command Line Interface password protection IT Administrators can now change or reset user passwords on virtual machines using the Command Line Interface
• Remote Password Reset for virtual machines IT Administrators can now remotely reset a user password if they forget their Windows virtual machine credentials
• IT Administrators can now set a virtual machine to show the Windows lock screen and require a user name and password when resuming from Suspend
Parallels Management - Mac for Microsoft SCCM (2007/2012) v2 features include:
• Discover and inventory Macs on your network and enforce compliance to IT policy
• Deploy software and patches
• OS X image deployment thorough Microsoft SCCM 2007/2012
• Use Microsoft SCCM reports to view details about Windows PCs and Macs on your network
• Support for Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) and SCCM 2012 R2
Parallels Access app for iPad features include:
• Parallels Access ‘applifies’ Windows and Mac applications, letting customers remotely access and experience them as if they were made for iPad. Tap, swipe, pinch and scroll any PC or Mac software application even if they were not optimized for the iPad and get more done on-the-go!
• Low-bandwidth connections no longer have the power to stop productivity. Parallels Access holds the connection so customers can keep working with fewer interruptions to everything including business applications, games, and even streaming video.
"Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition was a perfect solution for our group. The ability to roll out Parallels Desktop efficiently with minimal effort for our techs is crucial. It's no-fuss, and it enables us to meet all the growing virtualization needs of our user base." Michael Scarpelli, Technical Support Manager, La Jolla Institute for Allergy & Immunology
"Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition is an essential tool for putting platforms aside and focusing upon learning opportunities. Students have never been more prepared to enter today's dynamic workforce." John Hanlon, Business Solutions Manager, in IT, Oklahoma Christian University
"Choosing Parallels Desktop for Mac has proven to be a solid solution for our organization. With their continued focus on quality product improvements and new features, they've distinguished themselves as a virtualization platform I can count on. I'm looking forward to their upcoming release." Todd Thiel, IT Director, Veeva Systems
Availability and Pricing
Parallels Business Solutions new features are available beginning November 7, 2013. Annual Subscriptions include:
- Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition, starts at $100/year per Mac
- Parallels Management-Mac, starts at $30/year per Mac
- Parallels Access, is $49/year per computer being accessed
- Volume Licensing discounts are available for business of all sizes
Parallels (parallels.com) is a global leader in hosting and cloud services enablement and cross platform solutions. Founded in 1999, Parallels is a fast-growing company with more than 900 employees in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia.
*Parallels Desktop for Mac is the No. 1-selling Mac desktop virtualization software in new retail units U.S. according to NPD Tech Reports 8/1/06-04/30/13.
The Parallels logo, Parallels and Parallels Desktop are registered trademarks of and Access is a trademark of Parallels IP Holdings GmbH. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.