PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Dallas, TX, United States, 2013/10/24 - GE’s Critical Power business introduced its latest isolated DC/DC power module, offering 544 watts (W) with 95 percent efficiency [NYSE: GE] - Lineagepower.com / GECriticalPower.com. NYSE: GE
• Enables Original Equipment Manufacturers to Reduce Board Space;
• Power Module Offers 544 Watts with 95 Percent Efficiency.
A new addition to GE’s ORCA™ series of DC/DC converters, the JRCK017A0S32R0 provides up to 17 amps of DC output current at a nominal output voltage of 32 volts DC. The Distributed-power Open Standards Alliance (DOSA)-compliant, half-brick form factor is optimized for high-voltage, high-power applications such as wireless and switch networks.
The new module also offers Tunable Loop™, an optional feature that enables a user to optimize the dynamic response of the converter to match the load with reduced output capacitance. This feature enables original equipment manufacturers to reduce board space and overall product cost. For more product details, visit lineagepower.com/.
Key features and benefits of the JRCK017A0S32R0 DC/DC converters
• Best-in-class efficiency and density, delivering 544 W in a half-brick footprint.
• Industry-standard DOSA-compliant, half-brick footprint.
• Available in threaded or non-threaded insert standoff versions enabling easy mounting and the addition of a heat sink for high-temperature applications.
• DC/DC module can be used to power radio frequency power amplifiers or other applications requiring 32 volts.
• Compliant to the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive and European Union Directive 2011/65/EC.
• Supports repetitive loads (AC+DC) up to 2 kilohertz and has an output voltage adjustment trim of 16 volts to 35.2 volts.
• Constant switching frequency and positive or negative logic ON/OFF options.
Availability and pricing
Pricing for the JRCK017A0S32R0 DC/DC power module begins at $54 per module at 1,000 annual volumes. For more information, please call +1 877 546 3243 or +1 972 244 9288.
About GE’s Critical Power business
GE’s Critical Power business (gecriticalpower.com) provides mission-critical applications with end-to-end power product and service solutions specifically designed to maximize uptime while improving energy efficiency. The solutions offered by the Critical Power business add to GE’s broader Industrial Solutions portfolio of leading technologies designed for the delivery, management and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple industries.
GE (ge.com) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE news, Masto Public Relations - E: information[.]mastopr.com.
Matt Falso, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518 786 6488 - E: matt.falso[.]mastopr.com.
Howard Masto, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518 786 6488 - E: howard.masto[.]ge.com.