Oracle is unveiling new program-based enrollment and assessment features for its PeopleSoft Campus Solutions suite. The new enrollment functionality enables institutions to improve student retention and timely degree completion by helping students chart progress toward their academic goals, while the new assessment feature allows instructors to define and assess any type of traditional or external learning activities, and provides flexible structures for assigning and calculating a variety of marks and course grades.
Oracle today announced new Program Enrollment and Activity Management features for its PeopleSoft Campus Solutions suite, enabling institutions to more efficiently and effectively manage enrollment and outcomes to support greater student success.
The new features:
• Include configurable, flexible structures to help institutions more efficiently and cost-effectively develop curriculum frameworks to guide enrollment and assessment for all learning activities.
• Help students to select the best classes, in the right sequence, to meet their academic goals in as short a time as possible.
• Allow students to request approval for planned courses and exceptions to program requirements, enroll in required courses and chart their academic progress via a more dynamic and user-friendly interface.
• Enable institutions to build individualized program structures and match assessment activities to each student, incorporating competencies, class work, life experiences and other variables.
• Provide instructors with the flexibility to define course structures and student performance assessment based on their unique needs and preferences.
• Support institutional policies for enrollment, assessment and progression through the use of a powerful new rules engine, which allows institutions to enforce rules and policies without requiring software customizations.
Oracle is delivering the new PeopleSoft Campus Solutions features through its Continuous Delivery Model, which enables higher education institutions to avoid disruptive major upgrades by delivering periodic application bundles that provide new functionality to meet immediate needs.
“Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions’ new program enrollment and activity management features are built on the framework of a proven, mature product that has more than a decade’s worth of innovative features to support higher education institutions’ unique needs,” said Mark Armstrong, vice president, higher education development, Oracle. “These new features provide institutions with the flexibility they need to support virtually any institutional program requirement, further improving the overall student experience and journey to student success.”
“Our PeopleSoft Campus Solutions implementation has provided a stable foundation with agility to support the future of the university and of our students,” said Cindy Bixler, university chief information officer, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. “We can provide improved customer service to our students through a safe and secure system, and our students can register, add and drop classes through a user-friendly platform.”
“For community colleges, it is all about giving students access to the resources they need, and Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions enables us to meet that objective,” said Dr. William Carter, vice chancellor, information technology, Houston Community College. “Oracle allows us to focus on our end goal of teaching and learning, and not spend too much time on IT management. Our students can easily enroll for classes, and much more, from one simplified platform.”
“We are committed to providing the most innovative academic offerings to our campus community. Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions enables us to make information immediately available to our students and staff,” said Laura McCain Patterson, chief information officer and associate vice president, University of Michigan. “With Oracle, we can offer a state-of-the-art system promoting education, retention, improved communication and much more.”
“With Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, we have seen a huge improvement in administrative services for our students,” said Hilary Baker, vice president for information technology/chief information officer, California State University, Northridge. “Oracle’s feature pack (continuous delivery) model enables us to continue to roll out new features virtually seamlessly without disrupting our students or staff. In particular, our students are really enjoying the ability to add and drop classes from their mobile devices, using the new Campus Services web enrollment services."
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the education and research industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Janice Clayton, O’Keeffe & Company
P: +1 443-759-8151 - E: jclayton[.]okco.com.