Love Patchwork & Quilting is available as a digital edition on Apple’s Newsstand, Google Play, Amazon Kindle Fire, Barnes & Noble’s Nook and Zinio, as well as a print edition. The print title fills a clear gap for a more modern product in a very traditional quilting sector, delivering trend-led projects through contemporary design, and is the only quilting print title to covergift each issue. It has already broken Future’s pre-launch subscription record, has a growing social media audience and is already established in the sector’s blogging community.
There are currently an estimated 1.8 million quilters in the UK − an increase of 124% since 2011, showing incredible growth in interest and participation. And modern quilters are different. They love the latest fabric trends, graphic shapes and want to be bold with their designs.
Love Patchwork & Quilting is an international launch, with the brand creating a high profile in the US market particularly. According to the Quilting in America study, 14% of US households are home to at least one quilter, with an estimated 21 million active quilters across the US.
Liz Taylor, Head of General Craft for Future, says: “Love Patchwork & Quilting follows other recent successful launches in the craft market for Future, including Simply Crochet and Mollie Makes. Simply Crochet launched in January and since then has smashed all targets and expectations. Mollie Makes was launched in 2011 and is now the UK’s number one contemporary craft brand. Love Patchwork and Quilting adds breadth to our existing craft portfolio, and strengthens our presence in the important US market. It also further demonstrates Future’s leadership and commitment to innovation in the craft sector, and we’re excited to be part of this new area of the craft market.”
Love Patchwork & Quilting, £4.99, will be published 13 times a year and is available in print, on tablet and online. The digital edition will be available from Apple’s Newsstand, Google Play, Amazon Kindle Fire, Barnes & Noble’s Nook and Zinio.
* Research taken from Future’s 2013 Craft Intelligence Survey
About Future’s craft portfolio
• Future reaches over 750,000 crafting women per month
• Simply Knitting is the market-leading craft title in the UK
• Mollie Makes is the number one contemporary craft title in the UK
• Simply Crochet has smashed all of its year one targets. It provides readers with modern crochet tips and techniques
• Future is the UK’s leading publisher of yarn craft content, and the only UK publisher with two knitting titles Simply Knitting and The Knitter
• Future’s flourishing digital portfolio includes weekly and monthly craft titles on Apple’s Newsstand including Gathered by Mollie Makes a weekly title from the team behind Mollie Makes
About Future plc
• Future plc is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 51 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
• Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have now sold over five million digital copies.
• Future exports or syndicates 225 publications to over 89 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
• Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and has been named the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year for two consecutive years (2012, 2013). Future is also the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.