PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2013/10/16 - Event Connects Thought Leaders, Luminaries, Practitioners and Technology Professionals Across Six Complementary Solution Areas: Value Chain Execution and Planning, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Procurement and Product Lifecycle Management [NYSE: ORCL]. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Oracle is hosting the 2nd Annual Oracle Value Chain Summit in San Jose, California on February 3-5, 2014. The summit brings together fellow users, partners, Oracle and industry luminaries to learn how to empower the modern value chain to gain a competitive edge. Attendees will learn strategies to grow profit margins, improve operational efficiencies, increase customer satisfaction and more.
Oracle today announced that the call for papers and registration for Oracle Value Chain Summit is now open. The summit will take place February 3-5, 2014 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California.
Customers, partners, supply chain specialists and leaders are encouraged to submit proposals to present at the three-day event, which brings together thought leaders, luminaries, practitioners and technology professionals.
Oracle Value Chain Summit will feature hands-on workshops, solutions demonstrations and more than 200 sessions discussing six complementary solution areas: Value Chain Execution, Value Chain Planning, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Procurement, and Product Lifecycle Management.
In an intimate and interactive setting, attendees will learn how to leverage new value chain solutions to:
• Grow profit margins
• Improve operational efficiencies
• Build better products faster and cheaper
• Expedite product delivery
• Increase satisfaction
• Details and submission guidelines are available on the Oracle Value Summit website. The call for papers will be open until November 22, 2013.
Empowering the Modern Value Chain
The Oracle Value Chain Summit will feature the following solutions areas:
• Product Value Chain: Covers Oracle’s Product Value Chain solutions including Oracle Fusion Innovation Management, Oracle’s Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions and Oracle Fusion Product Data Hub. Attendees will have opportunities to discuss strategies with peers, discover best practices used by market leaders and industry experts, learn from the knowledgeable team that designs and develops Agile and PIM products, and provide input to help shape the future of Oracle's Product Value Chain.
Value Chain Execution: This area will provide supply chain and logistics professionals with a unique opportunity to learn how they can empower more effective strategies for transportation, warehousing, global trade, and order fulfillment by utilizing Oracle’s Value Chain Execution suite of products.
• Value Chain Planning: Provides demand management, supply chain planning, maintenance and service parts planning, sales and operations planning, and trade promotions management professionals with the opportunity to learn best practices from their peers and specialists in these areas to help improve business results and reduce risk. Attendees will also have the opportunity to speak with Value Chain Planning product professionals and provide input to help shape the product directions.
Maintenance: Brings together maintenance and IT professionals from the Oracle community to share experiences on how to effectively operate, manage, and maintain assets. Sessions include topics related to system optimization as well as industry best practices for management of maintenance, reliability, spare parts inventory, and human capital.
• Manufacturing: Shares strategies for driving productivity on the shop floor for discrete, process and mixed mode operations, and includes sessions on topics related to operational effectiveness, quality, cost management, analytics and regulatory issues.
Procurement: Interactive sessions focused on the latest developments with Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Fusion Applications and Oracle’s PeopleSoft Applications. This solution area will also include Oracle Procurement best practices, implementation case studies and customer success stories.
“As the business environment rapidly evolves, supply chain management is undergoing significant change. Organizations that leverage best practices with modern technologies, such as cloud and mobile, are those that will be most successful in the market,” said Rick Jewell, senior vice president of applications development, Oracle. “That’s why for the second year we are bringing together the best of the best in the supply chain industry to discuss how to address these challenges. It’s a great opportunity to learn about the latest Oracle technology and hear how we’re helping organizations transform their supply chains into modern value chains.”
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Simon Jones, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.