• VMware vCenter Orchestrator helps automate IT service delivery.
• F5 Management Plug-In allows use cases such as auto-scaling, application provisioning, and automated system maintenance and patching.
• Joint F5 and VMware customers will benefit as they look to automate and orchestrate the delivery of application services to meet flexible infrastructure needs.
• F5 and VMware solution demonstrations will be a highlight of F5’s presence at VMworld 2013 Europe.
F5 Networks, Inc. announced today that F5 and VMware have taken a further key step in optimizing virtualized and cloud infrastructures. F5’s Management Plug-In for VMware vCenter Orchestrator allows customers to automate application provisioning to enable a more flexible and responsive application delivery environment. The joint solution will be demonstrated at VMworld Europe at F5’s booth (G111) and at a theater session on Wednesday, October 16.
F5 at VMworld 2013 Europe
Attend F5 breakout and theater sessions to learn how F5 optimizes VMware infrastructure:
• “F5 Management Plug-In for VMware vCenter Orchestrator” (theater session in Hall 8.1 - Wednesday, Oct. 16, 12:00 12:30 pm. CEST)
• “Make VMware Horizon View™ More Secure, Available, Scalable, and Usable” (EUC6104 - Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2:00 3:00 pm. CEST)
“F5 provides valuable augmentation to IT environments that run on VMware infrastructure. As more organizations realize the benefits of the software defined data center, the ability to automate and provision application services becomes invaluable. VMware and F5 customers can experience better and more powerful management capabilities with this joint solution.” - Rob Smoot, Senior Director, Cloud Management Marketing, VMware
The F5® Management Plug-In for VMware vCenter™ Orchestrator™ is available now at no cost. Please contact vco[.]f5.com for more information.
About F5 Networks
F5 Networks (f5.com) makes the connected world run better. F5 helps organizations meet the demands and embrace the opportunities that come with the relentless growth of voice, data, and video traffic, mobile workers, and applications in the data center, the network, and the cloud. The world’s largest businesses, service providers, government entities, and consumer brands rely on F5’s intelligent services framework to deliver and protect their applications and services while ensuring people stay connected. Learn more at f5.com.
F5 and BIG-IP are trademarks or service marks of F5 Networks, Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. VMware, VMworld, Horizon View, and VMware vCenter are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
This press release may contain forward looking statements relating to future events or future financial performance that involve risks and uncertainties. Such statements can be identified by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "expects," "plans," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "potential," or "continue," or the negative of such terms or comparable terms. These statements are only predictions and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these statements based upon a number of factors including those identified in the company's filings with the SEC.
Troy Edwards - Porter Novelli for F5 Networks, Inc.
P: 206-770-7025 - E: troy.edwards[.]porternovelli.com.