PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Taipei, Taiwan, 2013/10/14 - Moxa, a global provider of innovative industrial Ethernet solutions, recently unveiled a new class of Gigabit Ethernet switches, the EDS E series, for use in large-scale networks to converge field applications in extreme industrial environments - Moxa.com.
In addition to Level 4 EMS protection, severe shock/vibration resistance, and new thermal fin design that can reduce switch temperatures (5°C or more), the EDS E series has many user-centric features to significantly improve network manageability, and the new hardware designs are engineered to provide an unprecedented level of switch reliability for industrial applications.
“According to recent market studies (IMS report), the global number of industrial Ethernet nodes at supervisory and control levels are growing at an average rate of 15%. However, the number of field-level nodes is growing at a rate of approximately 36%. If industrial Ethernet technology is increasingly being deployed at remote field locations, industrial Ethernet switch reliability will need to be robust enough to handle harsh field site conditions. The new EDS E series is designed to give industrial operators peace of mind with the utmost protection available against high-voltage electrical transients, severe shock and vibration, and extremely high temperatures,” explained Gary Chang, product manager at Moxa’s Industrial Ethernet Infrastructure Division.
The EDS E series offers various copper and fiber slot combinations with up to 16 gigabit Ethernet ports to quickly build a full-gigabit network backbone or add gigabit speed to existing networks. Other key benefits of the EDS E series include an USB interface for fast and easy auto-configuration/backup/restore, and reduced energy consumption of up to 30% with IEEE 802.3az.
EDS E Series Features
• Superior Level 4 EMS protection against to electromagnetic interference
• Advanced thermal fins designed for maximum heat dissipation
• Class I, Div. 2/ATEX Zone 2, DNV, NEMA TS2, EN 50121-4, IEEE 1613 Class 2 compliant
• New DIN-rail mounting kit design resists severe vibration
• Up to 16 Gigabit Ethernet ports with copper/SFP fiber slot combination
• Supports EtherNet/IP, PROFINET and Modbus TCP for SCADA integration
• IEEE 802.3az for energy efficiency (up to 30%)
• Configure 100 switches in 12 minutes with Moxa’s MXconfig utility
• Auto configuration/backup/restore is fast and easy with the ABC-02 USB dongle
About Moxa - Your Trusted Partner in Automation
Moxa (moxa.com) is a leading manufacturer of industrial networking, computing, and automation solutions. With over 25 years of industry experience, Moxa has connected more than 30 million devices worldwide and has a distribution and service network that reaches customers in more than 70 countries. Moxa delivers lasting business value by empowering industry with reliable networks and sincere service for automation systems.