PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Dubai, UAE, United Arab Emirates, 2013/10/14 - Improved Scalability and Performance, New Flexible Licensing; Improves Customers Ability to Secure Distributed, Complex Networks - ArborNetworks.com.
Arbor Networks, Inc., a leading provider of DDoS and advanced threat protection solutions for enterprise and service provider networks, today announced major scalability and performance improvements as well as the introduction of “Flex Licensing” options to Peakflow SP, the de facto standard for network intelligence and infrastructure availability.
“With the Peakflow SP 6.0 release, we’re giving customers greater performance, scalability and the flexibility they require to see, understand and secure large, distributed and complex network environments. For example, for the first time, customers have the option to deploy the Peakflow SP solution on Arbor hardware, virtual machines or both. Plus major improvements in performance, scalability along with new Flex Licensing will allow our customers to cost effectively deploy the Peakflow SP solution pervasively across their network from the peering/transit edge, to the core backbone, to the customer edge - vastly improving their traffic visibility and advanced threat protection,“ said Arbor Networks President Colin Doherty.
“Arbor has been a key player in the service provider market for a decade, largely due to the success of the Peakflow SP platform. This release shows why Arbor (arbornetworks.com) has been able to maintain a leadership position for so long. They have never stopped innovating or listening to their customers,” said Jeff Wilson, principal analyst with Infonetics Research.
Peakflow SP Solution
Many of the world’s leading service providers and largest enterprise network operators rely on Arbor’s Peakflow SP platform to proactively help fend off advanced threats such as botnets and volumetric and application-layer DDoS attacks, thereby strengthening the availability and quality of their services.
Arbor’s Peakflow SP platform includes two main components, Peakflow SP and the Threat Management System (TMS). Peakflow SP combines network-wide anomaly detection and traffic engineering with TMS’s carrier-class threat management that automatically detects and surgically removes only attack traffic while maintaining other business traffic. The Peakflow SP platform also powers many of the world’s leading cloud-based DDoS managed security services.
New features and benefits of the Peakflow SP 6.0 release:
Flexible Licensing and Virtual Deployments
• Independent platform and software licenses, support for virtual machines.
• Lower capex cost, less expensive purchase and expansions, less minimal hardware required.
• Faster deployments and upgrades and lower total cost of ownership.
Scalability & Performance Improvements
• 5X increase in the number of routers supported per Arbor flow collector and per Peakflow SP deployment, enabling customers to expand to customer edges of their network.
• 3X increase in NetFlow collection (Flows Per Second), enabling greater visibility and threat detection.
• 2X increase in number of managed objects, enabling customers to manage more customers per deployment.
• 5X increase in number of users, increases reach of managed DDoS Protection services.
Attack Mitigation Improvements
• A new TMS 2300 which is software upgradeable from 1Gbps to 10Gbps of mitigation capacity.
• New attack counter measures and enhanced Cloud Signaling™ functionality “cloud signaling”.
• Up to 4 TB of total mitigation capacity per deployment.