FSPro Labs today announced the release of new version of Event Log Explorer software, designed to view, monitor and analyze events recorded in Security, System, Application and other logs of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
"New release significantly simplifies security event analysis," says Michael Karsyan, FSPro Labs CEO. "In previous versions, when an investigator needed to refine security events by description parameters (like user name, file name, process name...), s/he had to create regular expressions. It was a breakthrough in comparison with standard Event Viewer or similar software, but on the other hand, it was not too easy to build correct regular expression - our customers often send their expressions to us for verification. New version lets the investigator forget regular expressions. We extended filter dialog and now the investigator can refine security events with the help of clear user interface."
Event Log Explorer is most useful for system administrators and forensic examiners. Sysadmins can benefit from wide range of productivity and filtering features. Forensic examiners can take advantage of direct access to event log files - Event Log Explorer is capable of reading evtx files even on Windows XP computer, moreover it is capable to read even damaged event logs.
Event Log Explorer features at glance:
• Access Windows event logs and event log files on local and remote servers and workstations
• Open both classic Windows NT event log format (EVT files) and new (Crimson) event log format (EVTX files)
• High performance - all events are loaded either into memory or into an optimized internal local database
• Active monitoring and alerts - immediate notification about problems
• Event log consolidation - different events can be joined in one place
• Log loading options to pre-filter event logs
• Advanced filtering by any criteria including event description text
• Manual and automatic backup of event logs
• Print and export to different formats
• Analytical reports - summary tables and pivot charts
• Credential manager.
Pricing and Availability
Event Log Explorer 4.2 is compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8/2003/2008/2012. Prices start from US$149.00.
About FSPro Labs
Founded in 2000, FSPro Labs (eventlogxp.com) is a software developer specializing in data security products for home and business users. The products of the company are known as reliable, secure and affordable software; among them are Event Log Explorer, Hide Folders and My Lockbox. Event Log Explorer customers include various corporation and state agencies such as Microsoft, Intel, Symantec, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, HSBC, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, FBI, State Department, and many others. All users are backed up by high quality support service.