Speed and agility define today’s global economy. Traditional transactional systems generate incredible amounts of useful data but require batch, manual or separate system processing to analyze and immediately present data visually for business decisions. Processing power has improved significantly and can speed the performance of business critical applications, but until now has not been leveraged to generate complex data analysis in real-time to make sound decisions and solve critical business problems.
Business critical applications and workflows such as financial close, cost management, projections and planning often take hours or days to execute. Oracle’s In-Memory Applications with Oracle Database In-Memory Option change business dynamics so executives can quickly discover growth opportunities, make smarter decisions, reduce corporate costs and accelerates time consuming workloads in real-time. With runtime no longer an issue, it is now possible to generate complex data crunching analysis in real-time to make sound decisions and solve critical business problems. In addition, all Oracle Applications deliver extreme performance on Oracle Engineered Systems.
Oracle announces enhanced In-Memory Applications with the new Oracle Database In-Memory option for Oracle Database 12c, which helps customers accelerate database performance for analytics, data warehousing, reporting and online transaction processing (OLTP).
Oracle’s unique in-memory optimizations enable real-time ad-hoc analytics on live transactional data.
Every application that runs on Oracle Database 12c can automatically and transparently take advantage of Oracle Database In-Memory option. Existing applications will retain full database functionality while experiencing effortless speedups. Even more new applications will be developed that were previously impractical due to performance limitations.
All existing Oracle In-Memory Applications will run even faster with the new Oracle Database 12c In-Memory option.
Oracle In-Memory Applications Benefiting From New Oracle Database In-Memory Option
Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Project Portfolio Management and Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Sales Advisor enable customers to increase revenue and profitability by making faster and more efficient business decisions.
• JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Project Portfolio Management: Helps executives and project managers make quicker, more informed decisions about their portfolio and projects by providing previously unavailable executive-level visibility into project portfolio cost and profitability.
• JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Sales Advisor: Enables proactive decision making, enhances the customer service representative and your customer experience, drives revenue upsell opportunities, and provides real-time visibility to line and order level historical and current profitability.
Oracle introduced Oracle’s PeopleSoft In-Memory Project Discovery to help customers avoid project failures by proactively providing visibility into projects and resources. This Oracle In-Memory Application unites structured and unstructured data to help provide a full picture of project operations and help customers gain a competitive advantage.
• PeopleSoft In-Memory Project Discovery: Enables organizations to interrogate project information and answer complex questions in ways and at speeds that were not previously feasible. It helps organizations to more easily solve business challenges that require the review of unstructured data.
Oracle E-Business Suite
Oracle In-Memory Cost Management applications are designed to deliver real-time insight into all aspects of cost management, enabling organizations to maximize gross margins and profits and enhance product cost structures through optimizing component costs. Providing real-time access to vast quantities of data, Oracle In-Memory Cost Management includes Oracle’s Cost Impact Simulator and Gross Profit Analyzer and Oracle’s Cost Comparison Tool.
• Oracle’s Cost Impact Simulator and Gross Profit Analyzer: Enable organizations to perform a range of business functions not previously possible with the long wait times associated with batch processing of big data.
• Oracle’s Cost Comparison Tool: Enables organizations to quickly view and analyze the details of complex cost structures across multiple locations to discover hidden opportunities.
Oracle Value Chain Planning
Faced with increasing demand volatility, more complex supply chains, and exploding data volumes, organizations are finding it increasingly difficult to plan their supply chains and cost effectively meet their customers’ needs. To help organizations address these complex challenges, Oracle introduced two new Oracle Value Chain Planning In-Memory Applications. Utilizing the unprecedented performance of the next evolution of in-memory computing, the new applications transform planning processes and help turn supply chains into information-driven value chains.
• Oracle In-Memory Consumption-Driven Planning: Helps organizations understand and respond on a daily basis to true end-customer demand thus helping to reduce bullwhip effect and to improve on-shelf availability and inventory turns.
• Oracle In-Memory Performance-Driven Planning: Helps organizations analyze and plan massive amounts of supply chain data and get better, more timely business insights to simulate multiple real-time scenarios in order to improve decision making and reduce risk.
“To deliver a consistent and compelling customer experience across all touch points, marketers need a complete digital marketing solution that can track, understand and analyze marketing and social interactions at scale,” said Meg Bear, Group Vice President of Oracle Cloud Social Platform. “By delivering a seamless integration between Oracle Social Relationship Management and Oracle Eloqua, Oracle Marketing Cloud is marrying the best of social with the best of digital marketing automation.”
“The social and marketing integrations deliver powerful new social analytics, tracking, publishing and customer targeting capabilities that drive efficiencies and help marketers maximize the performance of their campaigns,” said John Stetic, VP of Oracle Eloqua Products.
“Organizations looking for a comprehensive digital marketing platform should take a close look at the work Oracle has done to integrate Oracle Social Relationship Management suite with Oracle Eloqua,” said Mary Wardley, Vice President, Enterprise Applications and CRM Software, IDC.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco (oracle.com/openworld) is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which is expected to draw more than 60,000 attendees from over 145 countries, offers more than 2,500 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 500 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2013 is being held September 22-26 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Simon Jones, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.