With the complexities of today’s global business environments, organizations depend on the high availability of their mission-critical systems. To help customers manage that complexity and ensure continuous operation of their key business processes, Oracle has released Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2. The latest release introduces Online Patching to support organizations with high-availability requirements by dramatically reducing planned maintenance downtimes, increases performance by exploiting latest, cutting-edge features of the Oracle platform, and provides cross-industry enhancements spanning key business applications. With the powerful new capabilities, organizations will be able to leverage an integrated suite of business applications to make better decisions, reduce costs and increase performance.
To help organizations manage the complexities of global business environments, Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.
With significant enhancements across an integrated suite of business applications and new Online Patching capabilities, Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 enables organizations to reduce planned maintenance times, make better decisions, reduce costs and increase performance.
The introduction of Online Patching capabilities is a revolutionary breakthrough for organizations with high-availability requirements, such as manufacturers and organizations with users around the world, allowing them to dramatically reduce patching and maintenance downtimes.
In addition, Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 leverages Oracle’s integrated technology stack, Oracle Fusion Middleware, to help drive efficiencies and improve the availability, performance and scalability of applications.
Enhancements Drive Increased Business Value
With hundreds of cross-industry capabilities that span enterprise resource planning (ERP), human capital management and supply chain management, Oracle E-Business Suite helps customers manage the complexities of global business environments.
Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 helps organizations further optimize business processes, reduce costs and respond quickly to changing market conditions by introducing enhancements in the following areas:
• Oracle Contract Lifecycle Management for Public Sector: An integrated acquisition management solution that helps drive efficiencies across government procurement processes and helps align compliance with the rules and regulations of the public sector acquisition process.
• Oracle Financials: Integration with Oracle Fusion Accounting Hub and Oracle Data Relationship Management helps companies improve automation and efficiency while supporting compliance with changing accounting and reporting requirements.
• Oracle Projects: Enhanced cost breakdown structure and labor costing helps improve cost control and accelerate project cash flow.
• Oracle Purchasing: Improved integration, automated complex approval hierarchies and embedded best practices support greater efficiency in the purchasing cycle.
• Oracle Supplier Lifecycle Management: An improved qualification user interface, qualification approval re-routing capabilities and mandatory compliance documentation help organizations streamline supplier evaluation.
To further help organizations transform supply chains from a functional necessity to a competitive advantage, the latest release of Oracle E-Business Suite includes the following supply chain management enhancements:
• Oracle Order Management: A new solution for selling subscription services leverages Oracle Configurator to enable users to configure and sell products along with subscription-based services on a single order.
• Oracle Warehouse Management: Streamlined mobile user interfaces, enhanced managerial workbenches, improved catch-weight functionality and better extensibility supports greater fulfillment flexibility.
• Oracle Manufacturing Execution System: Usability improvements such as express serialized manufacturing help boost the productivity of shop floor operators and increase compliance through standardization. In addition, Oracle’s electronic-kanban electronic inventory planning and supply management solution helps enterprises successfully execute key lean manufacturing concepts.
• Oracle Enterprise Asset Management: Enhanced support for compliance with safety regulations helps prevent injuries.
To help organizations further modernize HR practices, the latest release of Oracle E-Business Suite includes:
• Oracle Payroll and Oracle Time and Labor: Simplified functions for local payroll administrators help reduce project costs and streamline workforce management.
“Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 Online Patching offers a smooth, predictable patching process that can dramatically reduces maintenance downtimes while maintaining business continuity,” said Gustavo Gonzalez, Oracle Ace Director and Chief Technology Officer at IT Convergence. “When calculating the ROI of the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 upgrade, we counted the hours we’ve devoted annually to patching operations and the impact on our business. It was clear that an upgrade from Oracle E-Business Suite 12 to 12.2 was the right choice.”
“Organizations of all sizes are faced with managing the increasing complexities and costs of global business environments,” said Cliff Godwin, senior vice president, Oracle Applications Development. “By combining Oracle E-Business Suite with the power of Oracle’s integrated technology stack, the latest release can reduce planned maintenance downtime from hours to minutes. This alone is a huge benefit, but when combined with enhancements across enterprise resource planning, human capital management and supply chain management, it makes this a significant new release of Oracle E-Business Suite.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Simon Jones, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.