PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Chicago, IL, United States, 2013/09/10 - Herman will present a session titled “Responding to Subpoenas and Challenges Dealing with eDiscovery Issues” - UHYAdvisors-US.com.
UHY Advisors’ eDiscovery & Digital Forensics Practice Group today announced that its Managing Director Doug Herman will discuss “Responding to Subpoenas and Challenges Dealing with eDiscovery Issues” at the 2013 Best Practices Forum presented by Lemme.
At the private forum, scheduled for September 12 in Chicago and hosted by Lemme Insurance Group, attendees will be provided invaluable insight from peers and industry experts. Herman, who is joining the discussion with in-house counsel, will draw from more than a decade of pre-litigation, eDiscovery, digital forensics and technical experience to discuss:
• Best practices and practical steps for addressing subpoenas and challenges with eDiscovery issues;
• How to identify the key aspects of a process to address these matters;
• How a data landscape model allows the in-house teams to better understand what data sources exist and focus on what they put on hold in the context of a litigation event;
• The challenges of data retention, including identifying sources and a case study of a company that is successfully controlling it;
• Common internal mistakes committed by CPA/professional service firms and how to minimize the time, effort and costs associated with this;
• Best practices to prepare for eDiscovery before a matter develops.
The session begins at 1:30 pm. EDT and concludes at 2:45 pm. EDT.
About Doug Herman
Doug Herman is a Managing Director with UHY Advisors FLVS, Inc., where he leads the eDiscovery & Digital Forensics Practice Group. He has delivered and administered hundreds of litigations involving the collection, preservation, culling review and production of electronic documents. He has also provided expert analysis and preparation in a large number of litigations as a testifying and non-testifying expert as well as a court-appointed neutral expert for resolution of discovery disputes. His considerable field of knowledge includes pre-litigation, eDiscovery and digital forensic topics, computer networking, network security, data storage, database-driven software such as ERP, CRM, HRIS and SharePoint-related structures, SQL database design and administration and the full electronic discovery (EDRM model) and project life cycle. He holds an MBA and M.S. in computer science from City University, a B.S. in engineering mechanics from the University of Wisconsin and is MCSE and MCDBA certified.
UHY Advisors’ eDiscovery & Digital Forensics Practice Group
UHY Advisors’ eDiscovery& Digital Forensics Practice Group works with law firms and in-house legal departments to deliver a comprehensive package of services in litigation consulting, eDiscovery and digital forensics, fraud and forensic services and business valuation. UHY Advisors, Inc. (uhyadvisors-us.com) and its subsidiary entities have nearly 1,000 professionals providing services throughout the United States. UHY Advisors is ranked as one of the Top 25 professional services firms providing tax and business consulting in the country by Accounting Today.