JavaOne 2013 will take place September 22-26 2013 in the Zone (Hilton San Francisco Union Square, Hotel Nikko, Parc 55 Wyndham and the Taylor Street Café-a block long playground). Register now.
This year, the Java Strategy and Technical keynotes, as well as the IBM keynote, will be held on Sunday, September 22, beginning at Noon in Moscone Center, Hall D and the Community and Freescale keynotes will be held on Thursday, September 26, beginning at 9:00 am. in the Continental Ballroom of the Hilton San Francisco Union Square.
JavaOne 2013 includes more than 450 sessions and more than 55 exhibitors. The conference is organized into eight tracks, which include:
• Client and Embedded Development
• Core Java Platform
• Edge Computing with Java in Embedded, Smart Card, and IoT Applications
• Emerging Languages on the Java Virtual Machine
• Securing Java
• Java Development Tools and Techniques
• Java EE Web Profile and Platform Technologies
• Java Web Services and the Cloud
The Java Embedded Challenge for Raspberry Pi will give attendees the chance to develop a Raspberry Pi application using Java Embedded over three days while at JavaOne. The challenge will be hands-on, collaborative and innovative. JavaOne attendees with a full conference pass can register to reserve a space.
The Java Exhibition Hall is located in the Hilton San Francisco Union Square Grand Ballroom to give JavaOne attendees the opportunity to see hands-on demos of technologies spanning the Java ecosystem and also network with fellow developers in the Oracle Technology Network Lounge (OTN Lounge) located within the Java DEMOgrounds.
The JavaOne Codegarten will take place in the OTN Lounge September 23-25, from 10:30 am. to 4:00 pm. This event gives developers the chance to participate in open source communities by dropping in, joining a group, picking a feature or bug to work on and submitting the results. In many cases, open source project leads will be in attendance.
Taylor Street Café, a block-long playground, lounge and hang space on Taylor Street, between O’Farrell and Ellis, is the perfect place for JavaOne attendees to meet up, hang out and charge themselves and their devices during the week.
The 11th annual Duke’s Choice Award ceremony will take place at the Taylor Street Café Open House on Sunday, September 22, starting at 7:45 pm.
JavaOne 2013 Keynote Lineup
Sunday, September 22 | 12:00 pm. - 3:00 pm. | Moscone Center, Hall D
Java Strategy and Technical Keynotes Java continues to drive the applications and devices that enrich our interactivity with the world around us. In the Java Strategy and Technical keynotes, Oracle's Java engineering luminaries will provide a glimpse of the future showcasing the vast opportunities that Java provides, as well as detail Oracle’s continued commitment to, stewardship of, and investment in Java technology. Presenters include:
• Peter Utzschneider, Vice President, Java Product Management, Oracle
• Nandini Ramani, Vice President of Engineering, Java Client and Embedded Platforms, Oracle
• Cameron Purdy, Vice President, Cloud Application Foundation, Oracle
• Mark Reinhold, Chief Architect, Java Platform Group, Oracle
IBM Keynote John Duimovich, IBM Distinguished Engineer and Java CTO, will present the IBM keynote, titled: “Java Flies in Blue Skies and Open Clouds”.
Thursday, September 26 | 9:00 am. 10:30 am. | Hilton San Francisco Union Square, Continental Ballroom
Java Community Keynote Come see how Java is used to gain knowledge that helps reduce energy consumption by terawatts, learn how highways are being made safer thanks to Java, and hear how Java is inspiring a whole generation of young developers. This keynote is all about how your work in the community and the Java ecosystem is leading to extraordinary applications and end-user benefits. Hosted by:
• Stephen Chin, Java Technology Ambassador and JavaOne Content Chair, Oracle
• Donald Smith, Senior Director, Java Product Management, Oracle
• Henrik Stahl, Vice President, Java Product Management, Oracle
Freescale Keynote Geoff Lees, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Microcontrollers will present the Freescale Keynote, titled: “How Java will unify the Internet of Things”.
Java Facts and Figures
• 97 percent of enterprise desktops run Java
• 9 million developers worldwide
• More than 3 billion devices are powered by Java technology
• #1 programming language (TIOBE Programming Community Index)
• 80 percent of mobile developers target the Java platform
• More than 125 million Java-based TV devices have been deployed
• Over 8 billion Java Card units have been shipped since its introduction
The JavaOne conference brings together Java experts and enthusiasts for an extraordinary week of learning and networking focused entirely on all things Java. With more than 450 sessions covering topics that span the breadth of the Java universe, keynotes from foremost Java visionaries, tutorials, and expert-led hands-on learning opportunities, JavaOne (oracle.com/javaone) is the world's most important event for the Java community. JavaOne 2013 is being held September 22-26 at the Zone (Hilton San Francisco Union Square, Hotel Nikko and Parc 55 Wyndham).
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Drew Smith, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5127 - E: dsmith[.]blancandotus.com.