The series will feature leading smart grid technology and service providers in the utility industry including Siemens, McAfee/Intel, Atos, IBM, Itron and Opower. Engerati has been an important voice in the power and utility cyberspace since its inception in 2011. It is part of the Clarion Events Group.
Says Engerati’s managing editor Adam Malik: “our webinar series is the perfect preparation for utility professionals for the European Utility Week in Amsterdam from 15-17 October. Many of the webinar themes will dovetail nicely with the conference programme topics. We’re providing a backstage pass experience for our community, giving them access to all the major utility companies attending the event."
The webinar series will take place every week from 5 September until 10 October with further webinars taking place post-event:
• 5 September 2013: 'Developing Integrated Smart Grid Strategies' - Siemens AG. Key topics covered: Decentralised Energy, Generation, Renewables Generation, Smart Grid.
Christian Heuer, Global Head of Smart Grid Consulting Siemens AG, Infrastructure and Cities, discusses the Siemens Smart Grid Compass, a unique methodology recently used in a partnership with New Brunswick Power. Described by Pierre Mullin, Head of Product R&D for Energy Automation at Siemens, as a "living lab", he says this initiative will provide 'a demonstration showcase for potential clients, in addition to strengthening our overall smart grid product portfolio.'
• 12 September 2013: 'The Central Role of Smart Buildings in Smart Grids' - Siemens Schweiz AG. Key topics covered: Smart Homes, Energy Management, Generation, Smart Grid, Energy Management.
According to Siemens: “the future of energy supply lies in the smart grid. Such a Smart Grid needs intelligent buildings: Smart Buildings.” This webinar features two of leading Siemen's experts talk through the innovative building technologies needed to facilitate and balance out the complex interplay between energy production and energy consumption. Smart buildings can function as energy storage systems for power generated from renewable energy sources and help reduce peak loads while saving primary energy.
• 19 September 2013: 'Safeguarding Smart Grids: Sentient Cyber Security for Critical Infrastructure' - McAfee / Intel. Key topics covered: Cybersecurity, Critical Infrastructure, Policy & Regulation, Smart Grid, Energy Security.
Says McAfee/Intel’s webinar presenter, Lorie Wigle: “the security vulnerabilities of electricity grids are covered daily in news around the world. Intel and its McAfee and Wind River subsidiaries are working with a broad eco-system to evolve security solutions and provide better insight and management for utilities. We look forward to engaging with the European Utility Week attendees on our efforts.” Lorie Wigle is Vice President, Security Fabric Program, McAfee and General Manager, Eco-Technology, Intel.
• 26 September 2013: Empowered by new intelligence: from Smart Grid to Smart Utilities, Reap the rewards of Smart Utilities. Presented by Atos. Key topics covered: Billing & CRM, Smart Grid, Data Communications + M2M, Infrastructure & Networks, SCADA Systems.
• 2 October 2013: Presented by Itron. Topic to be confirmed.
• 3 October 2013: Presented by IBM. Topic to be confirmed.
• 10 October 2013: Presented by Opower. Topic to be confirmed.
Those interested can register on the Engerati website.