PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2013/08/22 - techNavio predicts a 20.86 CAGR for this market over the period 2012 2016 with agilent technologies inc., illumina inc., life technologies corp., pacific biosciences of california Inc. and roche holding ag among the top vendors - TechNavio.com.
TechNavio analysts have identified the successful completion of the Human Genome Project to be one of the major factors driving this market, boosted by the introduction of whole genome sequencing.
Despite the economic slowdown of 2008-2009 and subsequent limited healthcare expenditure, the market is displaying steady growth worldwide, especially in the US with increase in the number of product and accessory launches.
As per analysis, the Americas is expected to post a stronger growth rate of 64.40 percent, approximately US$2.75 billion followed by EMEA with a share of 23.42 percent, approximately US$1billion followed by APAC accounting for 12.18 percent, approximately US$520 million.
The presence of international, regional, and local vendors characterizes this market. The local and regional vendors mainly collaborate with the international vendors to gain revenue and geographical coverage. This helps international players to increase their footprints in the market, but local vendors are also finding it difficult to compete with them, especially on quality features due to patent restrictions. Due to the competitive environment, the analysts expect this market to intensify further with an increase in product extensions and an increase in mergers and acquisitions during the forecast period.
The top four players Illumina, Life Technologies, Agilent Technologies Corp and Roche Holding AG leads the industry with a combined market share of 41%. The remaining 59 percent share of the market is fragmented among other vendors.
To determine the potential of this market in the next 3-4 years, TechNavio analysts have conducted in-depth research on some of the challenges, that might act as impediment for the future growth of this market.
“One of the major challenges is the low adoption of genomic technology compared to other sequence analysis technologies, especially among large biotechnology companies. Researchers still have doubts over the advantages of genomics, mainly because of a few instances of failure witnessed during genomics research programs. Moreover, limited number of specialists in the R&D segment of DNA sequencing is affecting the growth of the Global DNA Sequencing Equipment and Services market”, states TechNavio’s senior analyst and co-author of this report.
Also included in this elaborative report, is a thorough analysis of the impact of drivers, challenges, and trends of this market featuring data on product segmentations, vendor shares, growth rate by revenue, and an evaluation of the different buying criteria in order of importance.
TechNavio analysts employ primary as well as secondary research techniques to ascertain the size and vendor landscape of the Global DNA Sequencing Equipment and Services Market in the Healthcare industry.
Our analysts obtain the information using a combination of the bottom-up and top-down approaches, besides using in-house market modeling tools. They corroborate this data with the data obtained from various market participants and stakeholders across the value chain, including vendors, service providers, distributors, re-sellers, and end-users.
TechNavio (technavio.com) is a leading technology research and advisory company with a global coverage. We focus on emerging technology trends that can shape the market. We identify and explain these trends to our customers to help them take better decisions.
TechNavio models the trends using a mix of quantitative and qualitative tools in its proprietary research methodologies. We build forecasts across market segments and geographies based on the trends identified. These forecasts and analysis are used to help our customers identify new and existing opportunities in their markets. We also help customers assess their competitive position in a changing market scenario.
Decision makers and influencers in sales & marketing, strategy, product and R&D teams rely on research from TechNavio. We have a large and growing base of happy customers worldwide. Our customers include technology suppliers, end users, consulting companies, investment firms and research institutes.
Founded in 2003, TechNavio has about 200 analysts globally. We cover more than 500 technologies across 80 countries. Our analysts are closely monitoring the market every day by talking to all the industry participants. We have proprietary databases that provide us with a complete perspective of the market. TechNavio develops over 2000 pieces of research deliverables every year.