PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2013/08/21 - Unique Opportunity to Learn about the Latest MySQL Innovations, Roadmap, Best Practices and to Share Ideas and Experiences - September 21 - 23 in San Francisco [NYSE: ORCL] - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Oracle will host the second annual MySQL Connect conference September 21-23 at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square.
This year’s three-day event provides a unique opportunity for the MySQL community to gain in-depth knowledge directly from Oracle’s MySQL experts.
• The conference kicks-off on Saturday with a keynote from Edward Screven, Oracle Chief Corporate Architect and Tomas Ulin, vice president, MySQL Engineering The State of the Dolphin covering the latest MySQL developments and strategy.
• MySQL engineer-led sessions include: What’s New in MySQL Cluster 7.3, What’s New in MySQL 5.7, MySQL Replication Roadmap.
A customer panel keynote with Facebook, Linkedin, PayPal, and Twitter will discuss: Current MySQL Usage Models and Future Developments.
MySQL Connect will be filled with over 80 technical sessions, hands-on labs and Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions delivered by Oracle’s MySQL engineers, community members, partners and renowned customers including:
• Managing Hundreds of MySQL Servers Efficiently
• To Scale Horizontally or Scale Vertically?
• Scaling Data Access for Web Front Ends
• Managing Your Databases and Sharding Through jetpants
In-depth sessions on top topics for database professionals are covered in five tracks:
• Performance and Scalability
• High Availability and Replication
• Cloud and Big Data
• Architecture and Application Development
• Database Administration and DevOps
As an add-on package, attendees also have the opportunity to attend an extra full day of MySQL Connect Tutorials on September 23.
• Full conference content can be found here.
• Save $300 over the onsite price by registering now.
• MySQL Connect is being held in conjunction with Oracle OpenWorld 2013.
• Sponsorship opportunities are still available.
"Next month the top MySQL industry experts, the top Oracle MySQL engineers, and key decision makers will be in one place at MySQL Connect 2013. Attendees will get direct access to the Oracle developers that are shaping the world's most popular open source database. Speakers at MySQL Connect will be giving great insights and detailed explanations into current and new MySQL features, tackling today's problems of big data, cloud computing and mobile applications. Oracle has, with the releases of MySQL 5.5 and MySQL 5.6, made great improvements to the product, a benefit for all users in the MySQL community ecosystem," said Ronald Bradford, CEO, Effective MySQL.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco (oracle.com/openworld) is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which is expected to draw more than 60,000 attendees from over 122 countries, offers more than 2,500 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 475 partners showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2013 is being held September 22-26 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Danielle Tarp, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5182 - E: dtarp[.]blancandotus.com.