PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2013/08/13 - New mobile enterprise PLM solution helps companies accelerate product innovation and maximize profitability [NYSE: ORCL] - Oracle.com
. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
To enhance decision making and drive productivity across the entire lifecycle of a product, organizations need applications that can securely provide complete visibility into product lifecycle management processes at any time or from anyplace. Addressing this need and extending its support for complex product lifecycle processes, Oracle has introduced Oracle Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Mobile for Agile. Part of Oracle’s Agile Product Lifecycle Management, the new mobile application enables users to quickly and easily access PLM data on the Apple iPad and turn it into valuable and actionable insights.
Extending its commitment to the rapidly expanding mobile workforce, Oracle today announced Oracle Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Mobile.
Oracle’s PLM Mobile for Agile helps customers increase productivity by providing complete visibility into Oracle’s Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) processes from the Apple iPad.
Built on Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Mobile, the new Oracle Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Mobile for Agile application also enables partners to quickly and easily develop and expand applications and processes for Agile PLM customers.
Oracle PLM Mobile for Agile is part of Oracle’s Agile PLM, a comprehensive and integrated suite of enterprise PLM applications that enable organizations to accelerate innovation, design for supply and rapidly commercialize by optimizing all aspects of designing, developing, launching, servicing and disposing of products.
Improved Productivity and Decision Making Across the Complete Product Lifecycle
Oracle’s PLM Mobile for Agile helps organizations accelerate product innovation and maximize product profitability by eliminating approval bottlenecks and giving process managers the flexibility to manage the complete lifecycle of a product at any time or from anyplace.
With Oracle PLM Mobile for Agile, users can securely review, respond and react to a broad range of Agile PLM Product Management Workflows including default and configured:
• PLM change orders and change requests from a range of sources including engineering, manufacturing, packaging and document.
• PLM quality issue workflows including customer complaints, field requests and problem reports.
• PLM quality management workflows including corrective action and preventative action (CAPA) processes.
• PLM supplier quality workflows including Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) and Non-Conformance Reports (NCR).
In addition, the new release enables users to initiate, execute and manage report quality issues and process flows by providing the mobile capabilities needed to:
• Input audit findings and issues on-site, with dynamic links to product quality information and status.
• Take advantage of cameras within mobile devices to record dynamic views of any findings as supporting evidence.
• Initiate related NCR, problem reports, SCAR, and corrective action requests (CAR), during the audit process.
• By enabling users to securely review, respond and react from any location, the new release also supports organizations with outsourced manufacturing and process suppliers by enabling them to conduct on-site supplier audits with access to the product record as needed to manage the process, hasten finding resolution, and approve certification.
“Optimizing all aspects of the product lifecycle gives organizations the opportunity to boost their competitive edge by driving process efficiency, accelerating innovation and ensuring quality control,” said John Kelley, vice president of product value chain strategy, Oracle. “With the introduction of Oracle’s PLM Mobile for Agile, Oracle has made it easier than ever to securely access and manage PLM data at any time or from any location. This flexibility drives efficiencies across the product lifecycle by supporting strategic and operational decision making and product innovation.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Simon Jones, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.