Today, the healthcare industry is under increased pressure to reduce operational risks and costs without affecting the quality of care for its customers. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, a full-service health benefits company with a history of providing exceptional preventative care, disease management and member satisfaction, will leverage the real-time monitoring and proactive enforcement capabilities of Oracle Fusion Advanced Controls to help drive efficiencies in business processes, reduce costs and streamline its upgrade to Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.
To help improve the bottom line, increase process efficiency, and reduce operational risks, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, a full-service health benefits company, has selected Oracle Advanced Controls, a component of the Oracle Fusion Applications suite.
Harvard Pilgrim needed a comprehensive and automated process monitoring solution to replace manually intensive controls, optimize key processes, and support the company’s ERP system upgrade.
The health benefits company chose Oracle Fusion Advanced Controls, including Oracle Application Access Controls Governor and Oracle Configuration Controls, to gain better control over its upgrade to the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, improve change management, and to help it reduce exposure to access security risks.
Harvard Pilgrim is planning an upgrade of its extensive and integrated implementation of the Oracle E-Business Suite, covering 30 modules in a single global instance, including modules within Oracle E-Business Suite Financials, Human Capital Management, Projects, and Order Management.
Oracle Advanced Controls will enable Harvard Pilgrim to:
• Mitigate risks and reduce external and internal costs of its Oracle E-Business Suite upgrade by providing real-time monitoring and proactive enforcement of crucial access policies, such as those that determine configurations and segregation of duties.
• Better control and reduce risks associated with its ERP upgrade with its ability to easily monitor, control and track configurations.
• Help it reduce fraud, waste and errors.
• Additionally, Harvard Pilgrim will utilize Oracle GRC Manager, part of Oracle Governance, Risk, and Compliance, to conduct regular compliance testing cycles to help secure its core ERP system from potential fraud, waste and abuse while helping ensure compliance.
• In addition to streamlining projects and optimizing processes, Oracle Fusion Advanced Controls also supports an organization’s GRC initiatives.
• Oracle Fusion Advanced Controls is part of the Oracle Fusion Applications suite that also benefits the entire lifecycle of an organization’s Oracle E-Business Suite and other ERP systems. From initial implementations, to upgrade and transformation projects, to running day-to-day operations, Oracle Advanced Controls is a complete solution that provides the power to discover issues, manage incidents, and enforce controls.
“Harvard Pilgrim selected Oracle Fusion Advanced Controls to help improve controls through automation, improve efficiencies in the audit and testing process and to ultimately help the Company reduce costs while still maintaining a robust system of internal controls,” said Michelle Clayman, corporate controller at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care.
About Harvard Pilgrim
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care is a not-for-profit health plan serving more than one million members in New England. Founded in 1969, the health plan has built its reputation on pragmatic innovation with a goal of lowering costs, improving care and enhancing the overall member experience. Harvard Pilgrim is known for its excellent clinical programs, customer service, health improvement strategies and innovative tools that offer consumers greater transparency and empower them to make better decisions about their health care.
Harvard Pilgrim is the #1 private health plan in America again according to an annual ranking of the nation’s best health plans by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Harvard Pilgrim is the only private health plan in the nation to be named #1 for member satisfaction and quality of care for nine consecutive years.*
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
* NCQA’s Private Health Insurance Plan Rankings, 2011-13, HMO/POS. NCQA’s Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2010-11 Private. U.S.News/NCQA America’s Best Health Insurance Plans 2005-2009 (annual). America’s Best Health Insurance Plans is a trademark of U.S.News & World Report. NCQA The State of Health Care Quality 2004.
Contact: Simon Jones, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.