PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2013/07/24 - Oracle In-Memory Logistics Command Center Optimizes Performance of Logistics Operations (NYSE: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
With supply chains and their associated logistics networks becoming increasingly complex, strategic and operational scenario management is now central to creating a robust, resilient and profitable logistics network. To help organizations meet this challenge and optimize the performance of logistics operations, Oracle has introduced Oracle In-Memory Logistics Command Center. The new Oracle In-Memory Application takes advantage of the extreme performance delivered by Oracle Engineered Systems to transform logistic scenario management.
To help organizations optimize the performance of logistics operations, Oracle today announced the general availability of a new Oracle In-Memory Application: Oracle In-Memory Logistics Command Center.
Oracle In-Memory Logistics Command Center enables customers to take a unique approach to scenario management that can help increase supply chain resiliency and agility, decrease costs and improve service levels.
Oracle In-Memory Logistics Command Center capitalizes on the extreme performance capabilities of Oracle Engineered Systems including Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, which can easily manage the large and complex data sets central to in-memory applications.
With Oracle In-Memory Logistics Command Center, customers can take advantage of the next evolution of in-memory computing to perform rapid simulations and what-if analysis of their logistics networks using real-world operational data, rules and constraints.
By empowering customers with the performance required to perform and analyze data from multiple simulations in near real time, Oracle In-Memory Logistics Command Center takes a powerful and more effective approach to strategic and operational scenario management.
A New Approach to Logistic Scenario Management
Oracle In-Memory Logistics Command Center allows customers to:
• Support both strategic and operational scenarios;
• Analyze multiple scenario variations in parallel to model a particular use case;
• Specify key criteria to constrain and shape analysis so that it accurately reflects changing real-world operational conditions;
• Extract key metrics and visualize them using an advanced analytics framework for multiple scenario comparison;
• Gain a clear understanding of network performance through packaged support for a number of key performance metrics and associated dashboards;
• Create custom metrics and visualizations of network performance;
• Store scenario analyses indefinitely for future reference;
• Integrate relevant operational data from Oracle Transportation Management to the Oracle In-Memory Logistics Command Center environment and make it available for scenario analysis.
Oracle In-Memory Logistics Command Center is designed to offer the following key benefits:
• Ability to increase supply chain resiliency and agility;
• Ability to decrease logistics costs;
• Ability to improve service levels;
• Ability to improve supply chain sustainability.
“To cope effectively with today’s supply chain risk factors, customer demands, and changing business models, organizations need the ability to quickly and accurately simulate the performance of their logistics network,” said Derek Gittoes, vice president, value chain execution product strategy, Oracle. “With Oracle In-Memory Logistics Command Center, customers can take advantage of unparalleled performance to run rapid simulations and ‘what if’ scenarios with accurate, real-time data. This can not only transform the logistic scenario management process, but more importantly can help customers increase supply chain performance, decrease costs and improve service levels.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Simon Jones, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.