PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2013/07/11 - New versions of Oracle Application Development Framework, Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse help make multi-channel application development faster and cheaper (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Developers are under pressure to develop quality applications faster and across more channels than before. To address this need, Oracle has delivered new releases of its Java Development Tools and Framework. Oracle Application Development Framework, Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse enable developers to rapidly and efficiently build multi-channel -- Web, cloud and on-premise -- applications, while providing a richer end-user experience.
Today, Oracle announced the 12c releases of Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF), Oracle JDeveloper, and Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse.
Enhancing the productivity of developers and allowing them to better leverage the Oracle platform, the new releases:
• Support Cloud Application Foundation product family 12c releases, Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.2 and Oracle Coherence 12.1.2, also announced today;
• Enable easier development of Web user interfaces for tablets and other gesture-based devices;
• Extend support for REST, JPA/EJB business services and HTML5 technologies;
• Provide improved support for Maven for simpler build and continuous integration.
Oracle ADF 12c, Oracle JDeveloper 12c, and Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 12c, part of the Oracle Fusion Middleware product family, are now available for download. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
Build Richer Applications Quicker and Easier
Oracle offers a complete and integrated set of application development tools that support a wide variety of development approaches, technology platforms, and operating systems.
Providing a declarative and visual development experience, along with an end-to-end integrated development framework, developers benefit from freedom of choice and more productivity, enabling them to build better applications faster.
A multi-channel Java EE-based development framework, Oracle ADF is used to develop Oracle Fusion Applications as well as other Oracle products and applications. Customers use the framework to accelerate their development and create richer custom applications that can be deployed across multiple channels.
Oracle ADF protects organization from technology shifts by providing an abstraction layer on top of specific technologies, allowing applications to adopt new UI technologies through support within the framework rather than requiring them to be rewritten.
Oracle ADF 12c adds new features and extended development tools support in the new versions of Oracle JDeveloper 12c and Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 12c. Highlights include:
• Mobile / Tablet support: Better support for touch-based user interfaces on tablets and adaptive layouts;
• New, improved components: New data visualization components that display information in rich, meaningful ways using timelines, treemaps, list view and sunburst visualization; easier customization with a new skin and visual skin editor;
• REST support and other data control improvements: New REST data control simplify integration of REST-based business services, and new EJB/JPA data control provides extended functionality for JPA/EJB services integration into Oracle ADF applications.
Oracle JDeveloper is a free, integrated development environment (IDE) that simplifies the development of Java-based enterprise applications. Oracle JDeveloper offers complete end-to-end development to Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Fusion Applications with support for the full development life cycle.
Oracle JDeveloper 12c delivers:
• Improved look and feel and window management provide a more responsive interface;
• New Dependency Explorer helps to understand the impact of changes in code;
• Enhanced Maven and Git support for better application lifecycle management;
• New memory and CPU profilers help create faster and more efficient applications;
• New JSF visual editor, support for HTML5 and CSS3 in the code editor, and a new integrated Swing editor provide easier development of Web and desktop interfaces; and
• Comes with the new Oracle WebLogic Server 12c, providing simpler develop/test/debug/deploy process.
Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse is a free set of Eclipse-based plug-ins that enables developers to build Oracle ADF, Java EE, and Spring-based enterprise applications for the Oracle Fusion Middleware platform and the Oracle Cloud.
Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 12c simplifies development with following enhancements:
• Iterative development support for Oracle WebLogic Server 12c;
• Enhanced support for Oracle Coherence 12c configuration and deployment;
• Support for Oracle ADF 12c and Oracle ADF Essentials 12c;
• Extended Maven support, for easier build process development; and
• New features to simplify REST services development and consumption.
"Oracle’s Java development tools and ADF take the productivity of enterprise application developers to the next level,” said Chris Tonas, vice president, Application Development Tools, Oracle. “With the latest releases, Oracle is providing the most complete and integrated set of application development tools to provide developers with the best choices to support enterprise development with a fast and productive environment.”
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Danielle Tarp, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5182 - E: dtarp[.]blancandotus.com.