PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Lund, Sweden, 2013/07/09 - Sales in the second quarter amounted to SEK 1,114 M. During the period, the key North American market in particular continued to display a strong performance - Axis.com. NASDAQ OMX: AXIS
The second quarter
• Net sales increased by 7 percent during the second quarter to SEK 1,114 M (1,044). Net sales increased by 12 percent in local currencies.
• Operating profit increased to SEK 127 M (121), which corresponds to an operating margin of 11.4 percent (11.6).
• Profit after tax amounted to SEK 96 M (88).
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.38 (1.26).
The first half-year
• Net sales increased by 9 percent during the period to SEK 2,096 M (1,925). Net sales increased by 14 percent in local currencies.
• Operating profit increased to SEK 216 M (200), which corresponds to an operating margin of 10.3 percent (10.4).
• Profit after tax amounted to SEK 162 M (145).
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.33 (2.08).
Continued global market leader
Sales in the second quarter amounted to SEK 1,114 M. During the period, the key North American market in particular continued to display a strong performance.
In May, IHS published its annual report on the video surveillance market. We are proud, just like last year, to be ranked as global market leader in both the “Network Cameras” and “Security Cameras” categories. For the first time, Axis is now also ranked as market leader in the “Video Encoders” category.
Recruitment of personnel for the longer term is continuing and above all within R&D and the sales organization. Investments in technological development have enabled the release of a number of new and strategically important products and solutions during the period”.
Ray Mauritsson, President
The full report and slide presentation is available on axis.com/.
Invitation to telephone conference
Time: Tuesday, July 9 at 10 am.
Phone number: + 46 (0)8-505 564 77
Participants from Axis AB will be: Ray Mauritsson, President, and Fredrik Sjöstrand, CFO.
The presentation will be webcasted live at: financialhearings.nu/130709/axis
The information in this interim report is such that Axis is required to disclose in accordance with the Securities Market Act. Submitted for publication at 08.00 am. (CET) on July 9, 2013.
About Axis Communications
As the market leader in network video, Axis (axis.com) is leading the way to a smarter, safer, more secure world driving the shift from analog to digital video surveillance. Offering network video solutions for professional installations, Axis’ products and solutions are based on an innovative, open technology platform.
Axis has more than 1,400 dedicated employees in 40 locations around the world and cooperates with partners covering 179 countries. Founded in 1984, Axis is a Sweden-based IT company listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm under the ticker AXIS.