PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Jackson, MS, United States, 2013/07/09 - Bomgar, the leader in enterprise remote support solutions, today announced the latest version of its software, Bomgar 13.1 - Bomgar.com.
• Bomgar 13.1 expands and improves upon the solution’s comprehensive feature set for supporting remote computers and mobile devices.
• The new software includes brand new presentation capabilities, updates to the user interface, and additional features for supporting Android phones and tablets.
The Bomgar remote support solution allows technology support professionals to access and fix nearly any system or device, located anywhere in the world, from remote desktops and laptops, to servers and switches, and smartphones and tablets. Bomgar 13.1 introduces many enhancements and expanded capabilities, making it even easier for representatives to provide world-class tech support.
Bomgar 13.1 includes brand new capabilities for its presentation tool, making it simple for Bomgar users to conduct training meetings and share knowledge with other team members or end-users. Presenters can now include more attendees and attendees can now more easily join presentations using a Flash-based interface, eliminating the need to install or download anything to view a presentation. The new release also includes user interface enhancements to the Bomgar Rep Console that better address workflows and team scalability. A new home tab with an integrated dashboard improves visibility across all support sessions, and updates to icons and screen layouts throughout the interface provide a smooth and intuitive user experience.
“Our whole tech team agrees that the enhancements to the rep console are our favorite thing about 13.1,” said Barry Kready, owner of BK Business Solutions and Bomgar 13.1 early Adopter. “Specifically, we really like the new Start Screen Sharing button. It’s very slick!”
Bomgar already provides the most comprehensive remote support features for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, including full screen-sharing and remote control capabilities for devices running Samsung’s version of Android. For devices running other versions of Android, Bomgar 13.1 offers additional features, including the ability to remotely co-browse with the end-user and view screen captures to more quickly diagnose and resolve issues.
Bomgar 13.1 also marks the availability of Embedded Remote App Support for Android and iOS apps. Delivered in a software development kit (SDK), application developers can embed this capability in any of their Apple iOS or Android apps. Once Embedded Remote App support has been included by the app developer, customers and employees can request remote support directly from an Android or iOS app, reducing the need for phone support and other less efficient methods of troubleshooting.
Just some of the additional features in Bomgar 13.1 include:
• Canned message management Improved administration and organization of canned messages within Bomgar’s integrated chat tool resulting in faster and more consistent customer communications.
• iOS Enterprise App Support Bomgar can distribute its iOS apps to Apple-hosted Enterprise App Stores, enabling Bomgar’s mobile support functionality within locked-down app environments.
• File Transfer Enhancements Representatives can now delete or rename a file or folder, and view the UNC path of a mapped drive in the remote system, within Bomgar’s file transfer tool.
• Private Display Names Support technicians can have a different customer-facing name appear in the Bomgar display, allowing them to protect personal identifying information.
“The Bomgar remote support solution greatly increases the efficiency of support reps, while improving the notoriously frustrating tech support experience for end-users,” said Troy Harrison, VP of product management, Bomgar. “By streamlining the user interface, allowing reps to better collaborate and train through presentations, and expanding smartphone and tablet support in Bomgar 13.1, we’re making it even easier for tech support organizations to quickly resolve issues and improve customer satisfaction.”
Bomgar (bomgar.com )provides remote support solutions for easily and securely supporting computing systems and mobile devices. The company’s appliance-based products help organizations improve tech support efficiency and performance by enabling them to securely support nearly any device or system, anywhere in the world including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, BlackBerry and more. More than 7,500 organizations across 65 countries have deployed Bomgar to rapidly improve customer satisfaction while dramatically reducing costs. Bomgar is privately held with offices in Jackson, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Paris and London.