The company unveiled a first-of-its-kind themed exhibition that featured information about the new implant as well as a bakery, 3D theater, juice bar, and flickering Boston-themed lamps. Meeting attendees from all over the world took a tour of the 3i T3 Preservation Destination by following the cobblestone walkways through the miniature town.
Hundreds of people flowed through the exhibit and spent time learning more about how the 3i T3 Implant is designed to deliver sustainable aesthetics through tissue preservation. The implant incorporates:
A Contemporary Hybrid Surface provided by a new multi-surface topography:
Coarse Micron Topography: A resorbable media blasting process using calcium phosphate particles provides 10 micron features, which facilitate blood clot retention along the threaded body of the implant1,2.
Fine Micron Topography: A dual acid-etching process provides a 1-3 micron peak-to-peak surface (OSSEOTITE®) that supports platelet activation3,4. This surface overlays the coarse micron topography and is designed to mitigate the risk of peri-implantitis at the coronal aspect of the implant5.
Sub-Micron Topography: The option exists for a more complex topography with the discrete crystalline deposition of calcium phosphate nanoparticles. This surface treatment has demonstrated increased integration throughout the early healing process, helping to facilitate Bone Bonding®*6.
Integrated Platform Switching: BIOMET 3i Implants with integrated platform switching (3i T3 and PREVAIL® Implants) have smaller restorative platforms relative to the total implant platform. This medializes the Implant-Abutment junction inward, helping to maintain bone levels. One such study demonstrated that BIOMET 3i Implants with integrated platform switching demonstrated crestal bone loss as low as 0.37mm7.
Seal Integrity with the Certain® Internal Connection and the Gold-Tite® Screw: The Certain Internal Connection in conjunction with the Gold-Tite Screw is designed to reduce microleakage through its exacting interface tolerances and maximized clamping forces8. The Gold-Tite Screw design increases the clamping force by 113% versus non-coated screws, maximizing abutment stability. The Gold-Tite Surface lubricates and compresses to provide a tighter fit between implant components9.
For more information, please contact your local BIOMET 3i Sales Representative.
• Bone Bonding is the interlocking of the newly formed cement line matrix of bone with the implant surface.
About BIOMET 3i
BIOMET 3i, LLC (biomet3i.com) is a leading manufacturer of dental implants, abutments and related products. Since its inception in 1987, BIOMET 3i has been on the forefront in developing, manufacturing and distributing oral reconstructive products, including dental implant components and bone and tissue regenerative materials. The company also provides educational programs and seminars for dental professionals around the world. BIOMET 3i is based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, with operations throughout North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
1. Kuzyk PR, Schemitsch EH. The basic science of peri-implant bone healing. Indian J Orthop. 2011 Mar;45(2):108-15.
2. Davies JE†. Understanding Peri-Implant Endosseous Healing. J Dent Educ. 2003 Aug;67(8):932-49.
3. Kikuchi L, Park JY, Victor C, Davies JE†. Platelet interactions with calcium-phosphate-coated surfaces. Biomaterials 2005 Sep;26(26):5285-95.
4. Park JY, Gemmell CH, Davies JE†. Platelet interactions with titanium: modulation of platelet activity by surface topography. Biomaterials 2001 Oct;22(19):2671-82.
5. Zetterqvist et al. A prospective, multicenter, randomized controlled 5-year study of hybrid and fully etched implants for the incidence of perimplantitis. J Periodontol April, 2010.
6. Lin A, Wang CJ, Kelly J, Gubbi P††, Nishimura I. The role of titanium implant surface modification with hydroxyapatite nanoparticles in progressive early bone-implant fixation in vivo. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2009 Sep Oct;24(5):808 816.
7. Östman PO†, Wennerberg A, Albrektsson T. Immediate occlusal loading of NanoTite Prevail Implants: A prospective 1-year clinical and radiographic study. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2010 Mar;12(1):39-47.
8. Suttin Z††, Towse R††, Cruz J††. A Novel Method for Assessing Implant-Abutment Connection Seal Robustness. BIOMET 3i, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, USA. Poster Presentation, Academy of Osseointegration, 27th Annual Meeting; March 2012; Phoenix, AZ.
9. Byrne D, Jacobs S, O’Connell B, Houston F, Claffey N. Preloads generated with repeated tightening in three types of screws used in dental implant assemblies. J. Prosthodont.2006 May-Jun;15(3):164-71.
† Aforementioned have financial relationships with BIOMET 3i LLC resulting from speaking engagements, consulting engagements and other retained services.
†† Joell Cruz, Prabhu Gubbi, Ph.D., Zach Suttin and Ross Towse conducted this research while employed by BIOMET 3i.