Monica Smiley, publisher and CEO of Enterprising Women magazine, has announced the winners of the 2007 Enterprising Women of the Year Awards, an annual tribute to North America's top women entrepreneurs. The three-day tribute will be held at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. on Feb. 22-24. This is the 5th anniversary of The Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Celebration. Enterprising Women will also induct one outstanding woman into the Enterprising Women Hall of Fame and present four Enterprising Women Advocacy Awards. The Walt Disney World Company is the premiere event sponsor, with UPS and Wachovia Bank serving as platinum event sponsors.
The award winners are listed below:
2007 Enterprising Women Hall of Fame Inductee:
· Linda Burzynski, president and CEO of Liberty Fitness Holdings, LLC, Austin, TX, previously president and COO of Molly Maid Inc., recognized for her lifetime achievements to further the advancements of women in franchising.
2007 Enterprising Women Advocacy Award Winners:
· Judge Glenda Hatchett, star of the nationally syndicated television series Judge Hatchett and National Spokesperson for Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), College Park, GA, a strong, compassionate, innovator and leader who is renowned in the legal community for her groundbreaking courtroom style.
· Sue Kozel, president of SK Visions, Cream Ridge, NJ, a public relations firm dedicated to the advocacy of women entrepreneurs. Kozel has been awarded the WIPP Public Policy Award and has been recognized for her work on behalf of the Small Business Council of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
· Susan Letso, founder of the Connecticut Center for Child Development, Milford, CT, a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to advocating for individuals with autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, and other pervasive developmental disorders.
· Debra Ruh, founder of TecAccess, Rockville, VA, an award-winning firm that hires employees with developmental, emotional and physical disabilities as consultants to help government and corporate entities design accessible technology.
2007 Enterprising Women of the Year Award Winners:
Over $25 million in annual revenues category:
· Suzanne S. Clifton of The Castleton Group and Executive Staffing Group, Raleigh, NC
· Lynne Marie Finn of Superior Staff Resources, Inc., Williamsville, NY
· Julia Klein of C.H. Briggs, Reading, PA
· Patricia A. Laus of The Atlantic Club, Manasquan, NJ
· Taryn Rose of Taryn Rose International, Los Angeles, CA
· Laura Wilson of Pyramid Services, Inc., Asheboro, NC
Over $10 million and up to $25 million in annual revenues category:
· Linda Bi of Chicago Expert Importers, Batavia, IL
· Carolyn Boteler of TempStaff, Inc., Jackson, MS
· Kristina Bouweiri of Reston Limousine, Dulles, VA
· Judith Flynn of Kevco Electric, Inc., MIddlesex, NJ
· Naomi Glaser and Doloras Battelli of Computer Car, Long Island City, NY
· Lani Hay of Lanmark Technology, Inc., Fairfax, VA
· Deborah H. Hodges of Crown LSP Group Inc., Rocky Mount, NC
· Donna Lattanzio and Jennifer DeHaven of Millenium Staffing and Management Services, Las Vegas, NV
· Manuela Marcheggiani of Isomers Laboratories, Toronto, Canada
· Gina Puente-Brancato of Puente Group, Dallas, TX
· Leslie Saunders of Leslie Saunders Insurance, Lutz, FL
· Valerie Shondel of Selecto-Flash, Inc., West Orange, NJ
Over $5 million and up to $10 million in annual revenues category:
· Phyllis Bergman of Mercury Ring Corporation, Englewood, NJ
· Rose Harr of BlueWare, Inc., Cadillac, MI
· Nancy D. Marshall of Aluminum Supply Company, Inc., Detroit, MI
· Valerie Orsoni-Vauthey of MyPrivateCoach, Dover, DE
· Tina Rierson of QMF Metal & Electronic Solutions, Inc., Kernersville, NC
· Shelly Sun of BrightStar Healthcare and BrightStar Franchising, Chicago, IL
· Patricia Troy-Brooks of Advanced Staffing, New Castle, DE
· Lucie H. Voves of Church Hill Classics, Danbury, CT
· Sharon M. Weinstein of Core Wellness International, Lake Forest, IL
Over $1 million and up to $5 million in annual revenues category:
· Sandra Abalos of Abalos & Associates, PLLC, Phoenix, AZ
· Sepi Asefnia of SEPI Engineering Group, Inc., Raleigh, NC
· Beatriz Bonnet of Syntes Language Group, Inc., Centennial, CO
· Michelle Bunting of Horizon Pediatric Systems, Inc., Bordentown, NJ
· Annie L. Burton-Byrd of Signature Management & Realty, LLC, Baltimore, MD
· R. Yvonne Campos of Campos Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
· Lourdes C. Cavalier of Management Systems International Inc., Jupiter, FL
· Lee Ann Howard of Howard & O’Brien Associates, Cleveland, OH
· Betsy Mordecai of MorEvents Inc., Englewood, CO
· Zhena Muzyka of Zhena’s Gypsy Tea, Ojai, CA
· Judith Ritter of Ritter Contracting Inc., Feasterville, PA
· Susan Wilson Solovic of SBTV – Small Business Television, St. Louis, MO
Up to $1 million in annual revenues category:
· Monique A. Dearth of Incite Strategies, Inc., Suwanee, GA
· Sherre L. DeMao of SLD Unlimited Marketing/PR, Inc., Denver, NC
· Terri L.C. Hornsby of TLC Adcentives LLC, Houston, TX
· Diane Kuehn of VisionPoint Marketing, Raleigh, NC
· Mary S. Rodriguez of HilRod Group, Inc., Atlanta, GA
The judges also selected 18 women entrepreneurs for honorable mention. The finalists for the Enterprising Women of the Year Award include:
Lois J. Anthonisen of Anthonisen Financial Corporation, Flossmoor, IL; Tina Bauman of Bauman Transportation, Inc., Moscow, PA; Marjorie Brody of BRODY Professional Development, Jenkintown, PA; Debbie Chidester of Plentiful Pantry, Salt Lake City, UT; Judi Henderson-Townsend of Mannequin Madness, Oakland, CA; Deborah Munoz-Chacon of Sonoran Oasis, Tucson, AZ; Dawn M. Nakash of Daybreak Marketing Services, Inc., Jackson, NJ; Orit of The O Group, Inc., New York, NY; Susan Ratliff of Exhibit Experts, Phoenix, AZ; Susan Roth of Trims Unlimited, Inc., Los Angeles, CA; Renee Ryan-Thrailkill of Millennium Commercial Real Estate, Las Vegas, NV; Beth J. Shaw of YogaFit Training Systems Worldwide, Inc., Torrance, CA; Debbi Somers of Somers Furniture, Las Vegas, NV; Victoria Starr of Discovery Map International, La Conner, WA; Diana Sweeney of EnergyWatch, Inc., New York, NY; Andrea Trudeau and Diane Borrison of Advanced Professionals, San Jose, CA; and Kimberly Tucker of All Reasons Moving, Inc., Santa Clara, CA.
“The Enterprising Women of the Year Award celebration brings together the nation’s finest women entrepreneurs to recognize their accomplishments and celebrate their outstanding achievements,” said Smiley. “The award recipients are influential, powerful women with high-growth businesses who are leaders in their communities and have given back to mentor other women entrepreneurs.”
About Enterprising Women Magazine
Enterprising Women, headquartered in Cary, NC, is the nation’s only women-owned magazine published exclusively for women business owners that chronicles the growing political, economic and social influence and power of entrepreneurial women. The magazine provides a friendly meeting place, a public forum, and a national stage for the critical issues confronting women’s businesses and daily lives from the unique perspectives and experiences of entrepreneurial women.