TierOne OSS Technologies Inc., an OSS consulting, integration and technology specialist, today launched the latest release of TierOneTM enSEMBLE, extending the transport network management solution suite to support Carrier Ethernet and Storage Area Network (SAN) based services.
TierOne enSEMBLE is the only transport network management solution that delivers complete out of the box support for the majority of available next-gen SONET/SDH network elements, including Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Fujitsu, and Nortel. TierOne plans to take advantage of the suite’s NE Adaptor technology to rapidly roll-out support for other key SONET/SDH equipment vendors on an on-going basis.
Currently undergoing laboratory certification at a major U.S. telecommunications carrier, the enhancements to enSEMBLE 6.0 offer key benefits to today’s Communications Service Providers (CSPs), such as:
• Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) – Allows CSPs to allocate SONET network bandwidth much more efficiently when transporting Carrier Ethernet (GigE, FE, Video) based services;
• Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) – Allows CSPs to dynamically manage the reconfiguration of virtual concatenation groups without affecting any data that is being carried;
• Fibre Channel / FICON support – Allows CSPs to offer SAN-based optical transport connectivity for those customers requiring direct data center network interconnections over SONET and DWDM.
“The enSEMBLE 6.0 release significantly improves the extent to which CSPs can optimize their utilization of fiber assets,” said Richard Huffman, Director of Product Management. “For example, a one Gigabit per second Ethernet over SONET service using VCAT can deliver utilization rates of over 90%, compared to traditional SONET utilization rates of just 34%.”
TierOne enSEMBLE is a component based architecture that delivers a full range of transport network management capabilities to CSPs and very large enterprises, including:
• Multi-layered Transport Network Support: Ethernet, SONET/SDH, DWDM, and TDM, spanning Access, Metro, and Core network domains.
• Network Activation/Discovery: Intelligent service activation, discovery and reconciliation.
• SLA Performance Management: Network service assurance supporting carrier grade SLA monitoring and reporting.
• Dynamic Bandwidth Management: Secure access that allows end customers to directly manage their on demand bandwidth needs.
• Enhanced Grooming and Load Balancing Support: Rich GUI driven end user tool to plan and execute mass migrations of circuits (1000’s) with the flexibility to design diverse routes, full project audits and roll back features.
• Off the Shelf Network Element (NE) Adaptors: Large deployed set of NE Adaptors common to transport networks worldwide, including standard adaptors for the most popular configurations from Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, ECI Telecom, Ericsson-Marconi, Fujitsu, Nortel and Tellabs.
• Open and Rapid OSS Integration: Robust XML-based application programming interface (API) for integration into existing OSS environments.
About TierOne OSS Technologies Inc.
TierOne OSS Technologies provides OSS related services and solutions to communications service providers around the world. TierOne delivers quality and business value through professionalism and innovation and measures success through customer satisfaction and long-term business relationships. TierOne customers include MTS AllStream, Hydro One Telecom, Rogers, Telus and Verizon Business, and TierOne’s network of partners include Axiom Systems, Hewlett-Packard, Lavastorm, MetaSolv (Oracle) and Telcordia Technologies.