PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Bath, Banes, United Kingdom, 2013/06/07 - Future, the international specialist media group and leading digital publisher, has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for an unprecedented third year running by the Association of Online Publishers - Futurenet.com. LSE: FUTR
This latest win cements Future’s position as an international leader in digital media innovation. Last month Future was named Media Company of the Year at the British Media Awards, and Future is also the PPA Digital Consumer Publisher of the year.
The judges all top industry peers said the Digital Publisher award was based on “outstanding achievement in the digital media environment, with evidence of strong strategic vision, enterprise and innovation, growth of the business and success against objectives”. They short-listed Hearst, IPC, Dennis and Metro as well as Future.
They said: “Future has delivered on their transformative digital vision to be a borderless multi-platform publisher the corporate turnaround continues apace.”
No other media business has won the award more than once, let alone three years in a row.
Mark Wood, Future CEO, says: “To win the top AOP award for an unprecedented three years in a row is a tremendous honour and achievement for Future.
“It reinforces our determination to maintain the pace of innovation and transformation which has won us the top digital media industry accolade. It also underlines Future’s position as the undisputed leader in the transition from print to a primarily digital business.”
Future’s other award, Commercial Partnership 2013, resulted from a hugely successful Content Marketing partnership with Tesco: Home of Gaming. The campaign consisted of a digitally led commercial partnership that drove uplift of awareness and perception of Tesco as the Home of Gaming across Future’s valuable high volume gamers.
Last month Future was the biggest winner at the British Media Awards, with further wins for Mollie Makes and Digital Camera. Digital Camera won Print Product of the Year and the Marketing team behind Mollie Makes was named Media Marketing Team.
Future has seen its online audience grow by 46% year-on-year, while digital revenues are up 33% on the year. Future reaches more than 51 million users a month online, and has sold over five million digital editions of its brands via tablets and smartphones.
About Future plc
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 51 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
• Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have now sold over five million digital copies.
• Future exports or syndicates 225 publications to over 89 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
• Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and is currently the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year and the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.