PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood City, CA, United States, 2013/05/20 - Equinix, Inc. announced that NYSE Technologies, the commercial technology unit of NYSE Euronext (NYX), has extended its global trading network into Equinix's International Business Exchange (IBX®) data centers in Hong Kong and Tokyo (Nasdaq: EQIX). NASDAQ: EQIX
Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that NYSE Technologies, the commercial technology unit of NYSE Euronext (NYX), has extended its global trading network into Equinix's International Business Exchange (IBX®) data centers in Hong Kong and Tokyo. The extension of NYSE Technologies' Secure Financial Transaction Infrastructure (SFTI®) will allow current and prospective customers within these facilities to directly connect from Hong Kong and Tokyo to services offered by NYSE Technologies and access a range of financial markets, market data and post-trade services.
With these deployments, NYSE Technologies now offers direct access to SFTI® Access Centers inside eight Equinix data centers in seven key markets around the world including New York, Chicago, Singapore, Frankfurt, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Highlights / Key Facts
• SFTI® is a robust network, providing over 1,300 financial market participants with a single point of connectivity to multiple exchanges, market centers and content service providers around the world. Designed to be the industry's most secure and resilient network, SFTI® is specifically built for electronic trading and market data traffic thus enabling firms to reduce time-to-market, improve performance and significantly lower the cost of trading infrastructure.
• Along with its current deployment with Equinix in Singapore, the new SFTI® Access Center at Equinix in Hong Kong and the direct access in Tokyo will enable financial market participants to further take advantage of the continually growing financial ecosystem of both Equinix and NYSE Technologies in Asia. Access to these Centers will also expand options for NYSE Technologies' customers in Asia to have a simplified trading architecture with access to best of breed connectivity options to minimize latency, enhance performance and manage costs.
• Equinix is home to a large ecosystem of financial market participants including exchanges, trading platforms, buy and sell side companies and service providers. Through setting up new Access Centers in this environment, NYSE Technologies is now able to reach the rich financial ecosystem of market participants that exists in Equinix's Hong Kong and Tokyo IBX data center, who seek access to SFTI®. As a result, Equinix's customers will benefit from a greater choice of consolidated, secure, low latency access to other Asian, European and North American markets and partners to support cross-territory trading.
• Equinix's presence in the top 16 financial markets worldwide gives NYSE Technologies the flexibility and agility to increase its speed-to-market, scale in existing markets or enter new markets at a rapid pace to address the growth in electronic trading.
• Ian Jack, global head of infrastructure for the Secure Financial Transaction Infrastructure NYSE Technologies:
"We are very pleased to be extending the SFTI® backbone into Equinix's data center in Hong Kong and providing direct metro access in Tokyo, both key financial hubs in Asia. Our SFTI Access Centers in Equinix's data centers in Hong Kong, Tokyo and Singapore allow customers to connect to regional and global exchanges and markets in a cost effective way through a single connection at each of their locations around the region. Our presence with Equinix in the region provides the wide range of necessary connectivity options and infrastructure to support this."
• David Wilkinson, senior director, Financial Services, Equinix Asia-Pacific:
"NYSE Technologies' continual expansion with Equinix is a strong testimony to our unparalleled global footprint. With the deployment of NYSE Technologies' SFTI Access Centers in Hong Kong and connectivity in Tokyo our financial ecosystem becomes even stronger and more valuable for both new and current financial participants accessing financial markets. Our established ecosystem of financial participants also presents an immediate market opportunity to NYSE Technologies, further facilitating its penetration into Hong Kong and Tokyo. We look forward to continuing to support NYSE Technologies and together deliver more benefits to our mutual customers through our future expansions in Asia and the rest of the world."
Equinix, Inc. (equinix.com), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.