PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom, 2013/05/15 - Adding further depth to its already accomplished senior management team, Aquaterra Energy has appointed industry expert, Stewart Maxwell, as Technical Director - AquaterraEnergy.com.
He will be responsible for driving technical innovations in riser systems, offshore structures and hydraulic systems, from the company’s Norwich office.
Maxwell has a long and successful career history within the global oil and gas industry and has held positions in Asia Pacific and UK. Throughout his career, Maxwell has been involved with the analysis, design, engineering and installation of riser and conductor systems (shallow and deep water), minimum facilities platforms, bespoke offshore engineering and problem solving.
Patrick Phelan, Managing Director of Aquaterra Energy, said: “Stewart’s technical capabilities and hands-on experience make him a highly valuable addition to our senior team. He also has excellent leadership and management skills and will be responsible for leading our technical team in developing robust and innovative solutions to offshore drilling and production challenges.”
During his career, Maxwell has spent 13 years with the Acteon Group of companies, firstly within UWG, where he rose from Senior Design Engineer to Technology Manager for Risers, and finally Regional Manager for the company’s Far East operations. He then moved within the group to 2H as the companies merged and took on the role of Regional Director Asia Pacific, and then Global Manager Conductor Systems. He has also worked at Nio Petroleum and Enquest, as well as establishing his own engineering consultancy in riser and conductor analysis, well integrity and project management.
Maxwell graduated with a BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Aberdeen.
For further information please contact Alison Taylor, Conscious Communications, alison.taylor[.]consciouscomms.com; 01223 393 812; 07775 925 452
About Aquaterra Energy Ltd
• Aquaterra Energy Ltd (aquaterraenergy.com) specialises in offshore engineering solutions for the international oil & gas industry, providing services to more than 100 customers in over 35 countries worldwide
• The company has offices in Aberdeen, Cairo, Cambridge, Houston, Kuala Lumpur and Norwich
• Aquaterra Energy’s services are provided via four business streams:
- Riser Systems: Riser Analysis; Subsea Riser Systems; Surface Riser Systems; Connectors; Pipeline Risers; VIV Suppression Systems; Tieback Engineering; Centralisers
- Offshore Structures: Sea Swift Platforms; Subsea Drilling Templates; Subsea Protective Structures; Tension Decks; MOPU Wellbay Modules; Conductor Slot Addition; Bespoke Offshore Structures
- Service and Rental: SUREgrip Tension Ring; PROten Riser Tension System; Rig Floor Tension System; Conductor/Riser Tensioning Unit; Cement Top Up Systems; Aquascope Subsea Camera Systems; Disposable Camera Systems; Conductor Slot Recovery; Conductor Whipstocks; Rental Tools; SUREcut Cold Cutter; PDQ Drill String Connectors; Trash Caps; Heavy Lifting Equipment; Gyroscopes
- Hydraulic Systems: Hydraulic Power Units; Hydraulic Inventory; System Appraisal and Fluid Analysis; Custom-Made Manifolds; Image Based Information System; Hydraulic Hose; Patented DVS
• Aquaterra Energy received a Queen’s Award for International Trade in 2009.