PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2013/05/09 - New Transformational In-Memory Applications Provide Deeper Project Insight, Drive Revenue and Profitability on Oracle Engineered Systems (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Speed and agility define today’s global economy. Traditional transactional systems generate incredible amounts of useful data but require batch, manual or separate system processing to analyze and immediately present data visually for business decisions. Processing power has improved significantly and can speed the performance of business critical applications, but until now has not been leveraged to generate complex data analysis in near real-time to make sound decisions and solve critical business problems. Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Applications on Oracle Engineered Systems helps organizations utilize the unprecedented performance of the next evolution of in-memory computing with new capabilities that transform enterprise business processes and accelerate the activities that drive business agility and lower IT costs.
Delivering on the next evolution of in-memory computing, Oracle today announced general availability of new Oracle In-Memory Applications for Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
Benefitting from the extreme performance delivered by Oracle Engineered Systems, Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Project Portfolio Management and Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Sales Advisor enable customers to increase revenue and profitability by making faster and more efficient business decisions.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Applications provide new functionality never before possible by delivering immediate availability to summarization and simulations leveraging massive sets of broad and deep near real-time transactional and rich information to aid in decision making, process accuracy and control.
Oracle’s JD Edwards existing customers can experience break through process performance by leveraging DRAM, flash memories and the near zero latency InfiniBand network fabric of Oracle Engineered Systems. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne current processes such as Order-to-cash, Financial Close, Job (Project) Status Inquiry and Materials Requirements Planning run approximately six times faster on Engineered Systems than applications on commodity hardware by transforming batch processing to real-time and shortening response time with improved UI rendering.
Extreme Performance for Quicker, More Informed Decisions
Powered by Oracle Engineered Systems, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Applications provide unprecedented speed to gather, aggregate and summarize real-time data.
New Oracle In-Memory Applications include:
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Project Portfolio Management: Helps executives and project managers make quicker, more informed decisions about their portfolio and projects by providing previously unavailable executive-level visibility into project portfolio cost and profitability. Highlights include:
• Performance improvements of approximately 24X faster than the existing JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Costing Job Status Inquiry Application which only addresses a small piece of the business requirement. (1)
• Significant new functionality to:
• Report across the entire project portfolio
• Provide visibility into project financials with associated contract billings in one user interface
• Summarize project portfolio (by region, by sales rep, by project type, etc.)
• Quickly resolve issues with full access to project details
• Review project financials with built-in chart
• Benefits provided include the ability to:
• Reduce manual time to analyze and manage projects across the portfolio
• Optimize project profitability
• Increase insight into cash flow for projects
• Save time with drill down access to actionable tasks
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Sales Advisor: Enables proactive decision making, enhances the customer service representative and your customer experience, drives revenue upsell opportunities, and provides real-time visibility to line and order level historical and current profitability. Highlights include:
• New functionality that has not been possible without the extreme performance enhancements delivered by Oracle Engineered Systems. Companies with customer service organizations can take advantage of the new module to recommend higher product quantities and ensure profit margins are met while interacting with the customer.
• Significant new functionality to:
• Provide insight into large volumes of data in sub-seconds
• Leverage Oracle Engineered Systems technology of multi-threaded logic processing to read through the customer’s entire price schedule and display the applicable quantity level breaks in real-time
• Allow the customer service representative to quickly evaluate and propose real-time up-sell recommendations to customers
• Provide a visual indicator if a free good is associated to the higher purchase quantity, which gives additional incentive for the customer to increase their order quantity
• Display profit information for items, order, and customer during sales order entry
• Benefits provided include ability to:
• Increase top line revenue through up-selling at order entry
• Improve profit by evaluating margins during order capture
• Reduce administrative cost of manual processes
• Ensure target profit margins are met
• Improve efficiency and productivity of customer service representatives.
“Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers are renowned for maintaining highly competitive enterprises and operating efficiently in any market,” said Lyle Ekdahl, Group Vice President General Manager, Oracle’s JD Edwards. “With Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Applications, customers can take advantage of our new applications based on high performance levels to fundamentally change the dynamics of their business. The speed and agility delivered enhances decision making, creates new revenue opportunities and helps further lower total cost of ownership.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Simon Jones, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.