PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2013/05/03 - Push Notification, Visual Components and Performance Improvements Advance Java-based Mobile Development Framework that Supports iOS and Android (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Today, Oracle announced the general availability of the latest release of Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Mobile, an extension of the Oracle Application Development Framework.
Oracle ADF Mobile Release 1.1 adds support for device-native push notification, new device integration infrastructure based on Apache Cordova, full file attachment viewing, updated mobile operating system support, and improved performance, enabling the development of more advanced mobile applications.
Part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle ADF Mobile is a cross-platform mobile development framework based on Java and HTML5 that enables developers to easily build, deploy, and extend enterprise applications for mobile environments, including iOS and Android, from a single code base.
Next Generation Application Development Framework Provides Enhanced Mobile Capabilities
Oracle ADF Mobile-based applications enable enterprises across industries to meet frequently changing mobile requirements by allowing developers to rapidly and visually develop applications to a single target, and deploy them to multiple devices and platforms. New capabilities include:
• Device-native push notification support: Enables critical events and updates from enterprise applications and middleware to be pushed instantly to Oracle ADF Mobile applications.
• Continued performance optimization: New infrastructure enhancements help to optimize overall application performance.
• Support for new versions of mobile operating systems and Cordova: Delivers support of the latest versions of mobile operating systems, as well as migrating device integration infrastructure from PhoneGap to the latest version of Apache Cordova.
• Badging support: Provides visual indicators for application events and updates to mobile users.
• Full file attachment viewing support: Enables a mobile application to display different file attachment types abstracting mobile platform differences related to file handling.
• New data visualization components: Including a rating gauge and dial gauge, enable richer representation of data in meaningful ways.
• Right to left language support: Extends support for languages such as Arabic and Hebrew.
• Application archives support: Enables System Integrators and ISVs to deliver Oracle ADF Mobile applications as an archive allowing end-customers to sign the application with proper certificates.
With Oracle ADF Mobile and Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle is the only enterprise software vendor to provide a single, complete, end-to-end Java-based development and integration platform spanning data center, web and on-device mobile enterprise applications.
"Oracle ADF Mobile is the only cross-platform solution based on Java, the standard for enterprise software, that enables application development for both iOS and Android devices offering Java developers an easy way to become mobile developers,” said Chris Tonas, vice president Application Development Tools, Oracle. “With push notification and the new Cordova infrastructure, Oracle ADF Mobile 1.1 further enhances developer productivity and enables them to cost-effectively deliver mobile applications faster.”
“As one of the first systems integration partners to release an Oracle ADF Mobile-based application on the Apple App Store and Google Play, we’ve seen firsthand the power of the framework,” said Greg Opie, Director of Solutions Architecture, ECS Team. “By leveraging our existing knowledge of Oracle’s development tools and Java/HTML/CSS, we were able to reduce the development time and deliver an application to our client in weeks rather than months. We are eager to use the new capabilities in Oracle ADF Mobile 1.1 to continue to expand our competitive advantage in the development of mobile applications.”
“Oracle ADF Mobile allows OraPlayer's modernization solution to keep up with the rapidly evolving mobile technologies and complex requirements of Oracle Forms customers,” said Mia Urman, CEO, OraPlayer. “Due to the standards-based openness of Oracle ADF Mobile, we are able to easily and rapidly extend Oracle Fusion Middleware-based applications to mobile devices without incurring the cost of making changes to the core application, bringing significant business value to our customers.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Danielle Tarp, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5182 - E: dtarp[.]blancandotus.com.