PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Bath, Banes, United Kingdom, 2013/05/02 - Future, the international media group and leading digital publisher, announces it has launched its weekly digital technology magazine, tech., on Android - Futureplc.com. LSE: FUTR
• Weekly digital technology magazine hits Google Play;
• First digital-only magazine to be featured on Play Magazines;
• From the team behind TechRadar.com, which reaches 17m global unique users a month.
Following the successful launch of tech. on iPad in November last year, a standard edition of the magazine is now available on Google Play to capitalise on the flourishing Android market and will be the first digital-only magazine to be listed on Play Magazines.
A truly international product relevant to all English speaking territories, tech. summarises the week in technology, putting its own unique spin on the best reaction to each week’s key consumer technology news stories, giving readers a full range of opinion in one bite-size chunk.
Nick Merritt, Publisher of tech. and TechRadar, says: “Android now forms a core part of the tablet and smartphone market, with millions of people using Android devices and downloading apps. Our success on the iPad means it’s a logical step to bring tech. to Android users. The magazine is truly unique, bringing all the really essential technology writing together into one smartly edited whole, and I reckon Android users will embrace the product with the same enthusiasm as iPad users.”
tech. is created on FutureFolio, which powers the majority of parent-company Future’s portfolio of more than 100 tablet brands, including highly interactive editions like Total Film, Edge, MacFormat and MacLife. Future has also launched a range of successful pure-play tablet editions which also include CyclingNews HD, Gathered by Mollie Makes, Photography Week, and, most recently, Football Week.
The digital magazine comes from the makers of Future’s award-winning website, TechRadar. As the UK’s biggest consumer technology reviews website, TechRadar attracts more than four million UK unique users a month and over 17 million global unique users a month.
tech. is now on-sale on Google Play Magazines and Apple’s Newsstand every Friday and is available to download from Google Play Magazines.
About Future plc:
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Guitar, Creative, Sport and Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines every minute. Our most well-known print brands include T3, Total Film, Cycling Plus and Official Xbox Magazine.
• We deliver over 100 digital editions, and have sold over three million products powered by our own app-creation software, FutureFolio.
• Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
• Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.
TechRadar is the UK’s biggest technology reviews website, providing over 4 million UK readers a month with the biggest and best technology reviews. The award-winning site has become the go-to destination for opinions, exclusives and authoritative reviews of everything from mobile phones and tablets to the latest cameras and televisions. Read by more than 17 million people a month globally, it also boasts a US editorial team based out of San Francisco and an Australian editorial team based out of North Sydney.