PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom, 2013/04/23 - Cementing its position as a leading supplier of specialist offshore engineering solutions across international markets, Aquaterra Energy has established Aquaterra Energy Asia Pacific and appointed Ken Crawford as General Manager (Asia-Pacific).
Patrick Phelan, Managing Director of Aquaterra Energy, said: “We have a growing reputation as a leading global operation with highly respected offshore engineering expertise and an enterprising business ethos. By establishing the office in Kuala Lumpur and developing our regional resources, we are now able to respond to regional client needs without delay with a full portfolio of Aquaterra Energy products and services, with a particular focus on marginal field development.”
In line with the company’s corporate values, Ken Crawford will be responsible for managing Aquaterra Energy’s Asia-Pacific client relationships, delivering exceptional after sales service, and providing high value engineering solutions across a variety of drilling rig and platform requirements.
Ken brings over twenty three years’ industry experience from working for international upstream oil and gas well service companies in operational, technical support, HSEQ, business development and senior management roles. He joins Aquaterra Energy from Helix Well Ops SEA Pty Ltd, where he was in charge of Business Development in the Asia-Pacific region.
Ken has lived and worked overseas (Africa, Middle East, Europe and Far East) for most of his career and has a good understanding of working successfully within different cultures, often competing against low cost, local competition.
Patrick Phelan continued: “There is enormous potential for Aquaterra Energy in the Asia-Pacific region and Ken will play a vital role in helping the company to build on its successes. With his oil and gas industry knowledge and his experience of working overseas, Ken is an important new member of our growing international team and will ensure that customers continue to enjoy exceptional service levels as the company grows.”
About Aquaterra Energy Ltd
• Aquaterra Energy Ltd (aquaterraenergy.com) specialises in offshore engineering solutions for the international oil & gas industry, providing services to more than 100 customers in over 35 countries worldwide
• The company has offices in Aberdeen, Cairo, Cambridge, Houston, Kuala Lumpur and Norwich
• Aquaterra Energy’s services are provided via four business streams:
- Riser Systems: Riser Analysis; Subsea Riser Systems; Surface Riser Systems; Connectors; Pipeline Risers; VIV Suppression Systems; Tieback Engineering; Centralisers
- Offshore Structures: Sea Swift Platforms; Subsea Drilling Templates; Subsea Protective Structures; Tension Decks; MOPU Wellbay Modules; Conductor Slot Addition; Bespoke Offshore Structures
- Service and Rental: SUREgrip Tension Ring; PROten Riser Tension System; Rig Floor Tension System; Conductor/Riser Tensioning Unit; Cement Top Up Systems; Aquascope Subsea Camera Systems; Disposable Camera Systems; Conductor Slot Recovery; Conductor Whipstocks; Rental Tools; SUREcut Cold Cutter; PDQ Drill String Connectors; Trash Caps; Heavy Lifting Equipment; Gyroscopes
- Hydraulic Systems: Hydraulic Power Units; Hydraulic Inventory; System Appraisal and Fluid Analysis; Custom-Made Manifolds; Image Based Information System; Hydraulic Hose; Patented DVS
• Aquaterra Energy received a Queen’s Award for International Trade in 2009.