PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2013/04/16 - Oracle Communications Consulting Helps Reduce Total Cost of Ownership through Unparalleled Product Expertise (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Today, Oracle announced that Sun Direct has completed an upgrade to Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management 7.5. Oracle Communications Consulting supported the successful upgrade, which focused on business critical enhancements including reduced customizations and streamlined integration with Sun Direct’s back office to grow revenue and reduce technology maintenance costs.
Sun Direct, a leading direct-to-home (DTH) player in South India with upwards of 8 million subscribers, uses the latest MPEG4-based technology to increase broadcast capacity and deliver next-generation services, including an expanded range of high-definition channels.
To help further differentiate its offerings and maintain its competitive edge, Sun Direct needed to optimize its billing operations, create powerful new bundles and improve visibility into customer information across all services.
By upgrading to Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management 7.5, Sun Direct improved its ability to:
• Deliver enhanced product offerings including monthly services pro-rated into daily payments, and rapidly growing multi-month plans;
• Increase average revenue per user (ARPU) by optimizing accounting system integration with customer service plans, resulting in a significant revenue increase during the first two quarters the system was live;
• Control customer churn by providing a grace period for satellite service payments and extending the grace period for customers to re-charge accounts improving service affordability across income levels;
• Improve customer self-care and service use reporting by integrating each customer’s purchase history with the customer care application supporting greater visibility into customers’ purchase history and enabling the provider to customize future service offerings;
• Reduce total cost of ownership by removing nearly all customizations and enhancements related to the integration of front and back office systems.
“An efficient and flexible billing platform is critical for our successful operations, especially as we continue to grow and evolve as a direct-to-home satellite service provider. Because we needed total confidence in our billing system while assuming the lowest upgrade risk possible, we enlisted Oracle Communications Consulting to lead this project enabling us to complete the project on time and on budget,” said Mahesh R. Kumar, chief executive officer, Sun Direct.
“By upgrading its billing platform, Sun Direct can offer new services more quickly, with greater flexibility, and at a lower cost all while maximizing the value of its investment in Oracle solutions,” said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications. “The communications industry must continue to evolve away from bespoke solutions that continually require slow and costly custom development to achieve new capabilities. Sun Direct understands this and is thriving because of it.”
About Oracle Communications
Oracle’s software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Janice Clayton, O’Keeffe & Company
P: +1 443-759-8151 - E: jclayton[.]okco.com.