PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
New Delhi, Delhi, India, 2013/04/10 - Driven by the strong growth of the biopharmaceuticals, vaccines and clinical trials outsourcing markets, the Asia Pacific region is expected to account for nearly 30% of the global healthcare cold chain logistics market by 2017 - IMARCgroup.com.
IMARC Group, one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, finds that the total market for healthcare cold chain logistic services in the Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12% during 2013-2017. Findings from its latest report entitled “Global Healthcare Cold Chain Logistics Market Report & Forecast (2012-2017)” suggests that excluding some of the developed economies such as Japan, Australia and Singapore, most of the countries in the region still have an under developed cold chain infrastructure leaving a lot of room for future growth. According to an analyst at IMARC Group,“The sales of biopharmaceuticals and vaccines in most of these markets are expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period. A number of Asia Pacific destinations such as India, China, Singapore and South Korea etc. are also emerging as major destinations for outsourcing clinical trials, drug manufacturing and pathology testing. Driven by these factors, we expect the cold chain logistics market in the Asia Pacific region to account for nearly 30% of the global market by 2017”.
This report, an updated and far more extensive and analytical version of our popular 2011 study, provides a comprehensive insight into the logistic opportunities in the global healthcare market. The study, that has been undertaken using both desk based and qualitative primary market research, has analyzed three aspects of the global healthcare cold chain logistics market.
The first aspect involves the quantification of the global market for temperature sensitive healthcare products into three major classes and evaluation of the current and future opportunities in each of these classes. The second aspect involves an in-depth understanding on the global healthcare cold chain distribution process and logistic requirements for various temperature sensitive healthcare products. The third aspect involves the quantification of the global healthcare cold chain logistic services market and a comprehensive evaluation of its various segments.
What we have achieved in this report:
Comprehensive Market Analysis of Temperature Sensitive Healthcare Products:
Classes Covered: Biopharmaceuticals, Vaccines & Clinical Trial Materials
Focus of the Analysis in Each Class:
• Drivers and challenges
• Historical sales trends
• Logistic requirements
• Impact of temperature excursions
• Opportunities in cold chain services
• Market outlook (2012-2017)
Understanding the Operations of a Healthcare Cold Chain Distribution Process:
Focus of the Analysis:
• Understanding the various methods of cold chain distribution and their advantages/disadvantages
• Understanding the cold chain requirements for various temperature sensitive healthcare products and the impact of temperature excursions
• Understanding the various costs involved in cold chain transportation and comparing it with non-cold chain transportation
• Understanding the key steps required in the setting and organization of an efficient cold chain distribution process
Comprehensive Market Analysis of the Healthcare Cold Chain Logistic Services Market:
Focus of the analysis:
• Quantifying the global healthcare cold chain logistic services market
• Quantifying the market size by product
• Quantifying the market size by service
• Quantifying the market size by region
Information has been sourced from both primary and secondary sources:
• Primary sources include industry surveys and face to face/telephone interviews with industry experts.
• Secondary sources include proprietary databases and search engines. These sources include company websites and reports, books, trade journals, magazines, white papers, industry portals, government sources and access to more than 4000 paid databases.