Designed for military, commercial, or industrial use, the Themis RES-XR4 High Density (HD) system is ideally suited for mission-critical, high-performance cluster computing environments where the server Size, Weight, and Power (SWAP) is severely limited. Compared to a stack of 1U servers, the RES-XR4 HD server can double compute density with a weight savings of nearly 50%.
Combining the robust thermal and kinetic management technology of the RES-XR4 rack mountable server family, Intel® Xeon® E5-2660 Series processors, and Supermicro X9DRT-IBFF motherboards, the RES-XR4 HD system features a rugged 20-inch deep chassis that can house combinations of three separate, hot-pluggable HD compute modules:
• RES-XR4-HDC High Density Compute Module (occupies one of four chassis slots with two processor sockets, eight DIMM, and up to three high-bandwidth I/O slots)
• RES-XR4-HDS High Density Storage Module (occupies two of four chassis slots with two processor sockets, eight DIMM, up to three high-bandwidth I/O slots, and four 3.5 inch disk slots)*
• RES-XR4-HDFS High Density Flash Storage Module (occupies two of four chassis slots with two processor sockets, eight DIMM, up to three high-bandwidth I/O slots, and four PCIe slots)*
Each RES-XR4-HDS and RES-XR4-HDFS module includes a companion high-density compute module. Storage and Flash storage modules occupy two of four chassis slots. The RES-XR4 HD System offers six configuration options.
RES-XR4 HD modules support up to three 56 Gb/sec Infiniband (IB) or 40 Gb Ethernet ports to provide industry leading I/O bandwidth. Each RES-XR4 HD module is available with a single high bandwidth I/O port. A FDR option supports 56 Gb/sec IB or 40 Gb/sec Ethernet via a QSFP connector. Alternatively a QDR option supports 40 Gb/sec IB or 10 Gb/sec Ethernet. Each module also has a PCIe expansion slot that supports two additional FDR or QDR ports.
Scalable Servers for Data Center, Virtualization, Clustering, and Cloud Computing Applications
“Themis’ commitment to bring cutting edge technology to the warfighter has never been more evident than with our new RES-XR4 HD server family,” says Bill Kehret, President and CEO of Themis. “These servers leverage Themis’ thermal and kinetic design leadership and extend the capability of our popular RES-XR4 servers to mission-critical, high performance cluster computing environments.”
Kehret continued,“RES-XR4 HD systems can be used in a multitude of applications that require high-compute density, combined with large-data storage, closely coupled to the compute resource. These applications include virtualization, ISR, Big Data Analytics, radar processing, image processing, and large Hadoop clusters.”
Complete product specifications are available on the Themis website.
HD Server Configuration Options
• Four HDC Modules (eight processor sockets, twelve high-bandwidth I/O slots)
• Two HDS Modules (four processor sockets, six high-bandwidth I/O slots, and eight 3.5 inch disk slots)
• Two HDFS Modules (four processor sockets, six high-bandwidth I/O slots, and eight PCIe 3.0 slots)
• Two HDC Modules, One HDS Module (six processor sockets, nine high-bandwidth I/O slots, and four 3.5 inch disk slots)
• Two HDC Modules, One HDFS Module (six processor sockets, nine high-bandwidth I/O slots, and four PCIe 3.0 slots)
• One HDS Module, One HDFS Module (four processor sockets, six high-bandwidth I/O slots, four 3.5 inch disk slots, and four PCIe 3.0 slots)
HD Module Specifications
• Two 8-core 2.2 GHz Intel Xeon E5-2660 series processors
• Eight 16 GB memory modules for a total of 128 GB
• Gigabit Ethernet, QDR, or FDR Ethernet support
• Copper or fiber interface
• BMC remote management
• One PCIe 3.0 x16 expansion slot
• Four, 3.5 inch SATA, SAS, or solid state drives in a single removable canister (RES-XR4-HDS module only)
• Four PCIe SSDs, 256 GB MSATA SSD (RES-XR4-HDFS module only)
Chassis and Power
• Dimensions (H x W x D) 2RU (88.9 mm x 17.06 inches (433.3 mm) x 20 inches (508 mm)
• Weight 40 lbs. typical
• Power Supply Redundant 1200 Watt AC
• 0° C to 50° C operating temperature range
• 8% to 90% operating humidity (non-condensing)
• CE Mark
Pricing and Availability
RES-HD servers are now available. Please contact Themis for more information, including configuration options and pricing.
Navy League Sea Air Space 2013
A range of Themis product solutions, including RES-XR4 High Density Servers will be on display at Navy League Sea Air Space Expositions from April 8 to April 10, 2013. Themis experts look forward to speaking to you about your current and future computing requirements.
About Themis Computer
Themis Computer (themis.com) is a leading developer and supplier of high performance board and system level products for mission-critical commercial and military applications. Themis products incorporate features that ensure high reliability and availability while reducing the risks of failure caused by extreme environments. An ISO 9001 certified company, Themis Computer practices Total Quality Management (TQM) in all areas of its business, from engineering and manufacturing to customer service. Themis Computer is headquartered in Fremont, California and offers worldwide service and support.
In Europe contact:
THEMIS COMPUTER EUROPE
5, rue Irène Joliot-Curie 38320
P: +33(0)4 76 14 77 86