PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2013/03/27 - Oracle PartnerNetwork Announces New SPARC T5 and M5 Enablement Resources, Helping Partners to Speed Time to Value for Customers (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Helping partners quickly leverage the latest innovations in Oracle’s new SPARC systems, Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) today announced new enablement and Specialization resources for SPARC T5 and M5 servers.
Oracle’s SPARC T5 and M5 servers join its entry-level SPARC T4 servers to complete Oracle’s new SPARC family, spanning entry-level, midrange and high-end.
Oracle’s SPARC servers with Oracle Solaris are the world’s best platforms for enterprise computing at any scale and deliver significant cost advantages over comparable systems.
The new servers expand Oracle’s SPARC portfolio and enable near-linear scalability from 1 to 32 sockets, with one common core, one operating system, one management and one virtualization tool to easily address multiple application requirements and quickly meet demanding service-level agreements.
For partners, the new SPARC servers deliver to customers the reliability, availability and serviceability they need to manage the dynamic workloads of a broad range of new and existing enterprise applications.
Providing partners the tools and resources they need to extend business opportunities with SPARC servers, OPN unveiled:
• SPARC T5 Demo Equipment Program: Working with their authorized Value-Added Distributor (VAD), qualifying Value-Added Resellers (VARs) can gain a significant discount on select SPARC T5 servers to use in demos and customer use-cases.
• Specializations for SPARC T5 and M5 Servers: New enablement resources provide partners the tools and training they need to achieve SPARC T5 and M5 server Specializations, differentiating their offerings in the market and showcasing their expertise to customers.
• Immediate Resell Opportunities: Existing SPARC T4 authorized resellers can begin selling Oracle’s SPARC T5 systems immediately; allowing them to grow their revenue stream through new and existing customers. Resell opportunities for SPARC M5 servers will also be available.
• Incentive Rebate Opportunities: Beginning immediately, authorized Oracle resellers who are transacting through participating authorized Oracle VADs are eligible for select rebates on Oracle’s SPARC T5 and M5 server lines as part of the OPN Incentive Program.
• SPARC T5 and M5 Server Demand Generation Resources: With a wide variety of supporting resources, partners can quickly design and support SPARC T5 and M5 server sales and marketing campaigns. A Fast Start, 1:1 demand generation kit, including a reference guide, templates and SPARC T5 video assets, will enable partners to easily position the value proposition of SPARC T5 for individual customers. A Sales Velocity kit also provides a bevy of resources to partners to extend demand generation activities across their wider customer and prospect base. Partners will also have access to Oracle-sponsored materials and events, from benchmarks, to eBooks, to roadshows and Tech Days, to help drive awareness of the value of Oracle’s SPARC T5 and M5 offerings.
“Dewpoint has been a Sun/Oracle partner since our inception in 1996,” said Paul Zajdel, vice president, Sales, Dewpoint. “Dewpoint experts help implement and optimize Oracle database workloads within mission-critical environments. SPARC T4 and Oracle Solaris have long provided a reliable, high-performance infrastructure for our customers with lower total cost of ownership. We are looking forward to setting new milestones with SPARC T5 in terms of performance, scalability and cost savings.”
“Leveraging the success of its predecessor, Oracle’s new SPARC servers offer new levels of performance and scalability that allow partners to drive further value to customers managing critical application workloads -- from Cloud deployments to large database and business analytics projects,” said Joel Borellis, group vice president, Partner Enablement, Oracle. “With SPARC T5 and M5, and the vast array of OPN resources, partners have a great opportunity to transform customer environments with higher performance and a lower total cost of ownership.”
About Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
Oracle PartnerNetwork (oracle.com/partners) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Kristen Reeves, Blanc & Otus for Oracle
P: +1 415-856-5145 - E: kreeves[.]blancandotus.com.