PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Campbell, CA, United States, 2013/03/19 - Barracuda Networks, Inc., a leading provider of security and storage solutions, today announced a combination of pricing programs and product enhancements that further extend the company's reach into the education vertical - BarracudaNetworks.com. NYSE: CUDA
The new programs and enhancements are intended to help K-12 education customers address the mounting IT challenges resulting from increasing network traffic, more stringent regulatory requirements, higher awareness of online student safety, and vast numbers of mobile devices being used both on and off the campus.
"With school-issued iPads, fast-growing volumes of data, and the growth of social media along with corresponding cyberbullying, IT for schools is quickly becoming more complex," said Stephen Pao, vice president of product management for Barracuda Networks. "Our integrated offering, backed up by award-winning customer support, is designed to help educational institutions move quickly to address these challenges, despite limited staffs and shrinking budgets."
Barracuda is offering an integrated, centrally managed security and data protection suite for schools at an affordable price. Solution components include:
Barracuda Web Filter, industry leading appliance that helps schools keep students safe through:
- Web content filtering and granular policy management for CIPA compliance, bandwidth management, and network security;
- Integrated mobile filtering for laptops and iPads, both on-campus and off;
- Real-time monitoring and archiving of social media activity, to spot emerging incidents of cyber-bullying or data leakage;
- Integrated spyware removal;
- High-capacity/high-performance hardware with the capacity and scalability to handle the traffic needs of large schools and school districts.
Barracuda Backup, innovative backup solution that helps schools fully embrace e-learning initiatives without worrying about storage overhead and business continuity by providing:
- Flexible, fully automated disk-based backups that enable short backup windows;
- Compression and de-duplication to minimize storage needs;
- Plug-and-play appliance for onsite backups with off-site and cloud-based replication to securely store data in multiple locations;
- Freedom from the hassles and unreliability of removable media.
Barracuda Message Archiver, advanced email archiving that simplifies regulatory compliance, optimizes email storage by providing:
- E-discovery, forensics and policy alerts;
- Integration with the Barracuda Web Filter for automatic archiving of social messaging content to identify cyber-bullying incidents;
- Email server performance optimization through offload of email storage and user traffic from the email server;
- Shorter email server backup windows when used to with automated retention policies to minimize storage in transactional mail databases, complementing Barracuda Backup.
All products included in the special K-12 program can be managed through Barracuda Cloud Control, a cloud-based central management interface that can be used across multiple Barracuda deployments.
In addition to powerful solutions, Barracuda is offering special education pricing programs that make it easy for schools to stay within budget:
• Special education discounts on hardware across the Barracuda product line;
• Barracuda Web Filter volume discounts up to 25 percent for purchases of multiple units (models 610 and up) makes it easy to meet high availability requirements in large schools and school districts;
• Education Editions of the Barracuda Web Filter models 810, 910 and 1010 that provide all-inclusive term subscriptions to significantly reduce upfront hardware costs;
• Extended payment terms that help schools buy now and pay later as their new-year budgets are approved.
Webinars: Barracuda Networks is hosting a Webinar series for school and district IT administrators:
• Webinar: Making Social Networking Safe for Schools Session: March 19, 2013 at 9:00 am PDT Session: April 2, 2013 at 9:00 am PDT
• Webinar: Extending Security Beyond Network Borders for Safe 1-to-1 and BYOD in Schools Session: March 26, 2013 at 9:00 am PDT
Videos: The Barracuda Networks YouTube channel features schools and districts that leverage Barracuda's award-winning solutions to protect their students and networks:
• Dysart Unified School District discusses how it is using the Barracuda Web Filter to protect its growing network
• Southfield Public Schools talks about how it is protecting its students with the Barracuda Web Filter
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Protecting users, applications, and data for more than 150,000 organizations worldwide, Barracuda Networks (barracudanetworks.com) has developed a global reputation as the go-to leader for powerful, easy-to-use, affordable IT solutions. The company's proven customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions for security and storage.