Matrox Graphics, Inc. today announced Matrox Avio F125, a fiber-optic KVM extender which separates dual HD video, keyboard, mouse, stereo analog audio and USB 2.0 devices from a workstation. Avio F125 features flexible connectivity options. Its transmitter/receiver pair extends two single-link DVI (2x1920x1200) or one dual-link DVI (2560x1600 or 4096x2160) video, and multiple high-speed USB 2.0 compliant devices from the host computer by up to 400 m (1312 ft) over multimode cable and 4 km (2.5 mi) over single-mode cable. Avio F125 stands out for its ability to transmit all signals with zero compression and zero latency on a single duplex LC-LC fiber-optic cable. Designed for high-performance environments, Avio F125 delivers fluid graphics and video playback making it ideal for broadcast, post production, Pro A/V, industrial process control, oil and gas, 3D design and visualization, and military environments.
"Matrox Avio F125 is the latest addition to our successful KVM product line and is designed to address our customers' need to extend high-speed USB 2.0 devices and high resolution digital video in demanding environments," said Caroline Injoyan, business development manager at Matrox Graphics Inc. "Avio F125 takes advantage of the full 10Gbps bandwidth that fiber optic technology offers us today, transmitting all data uncompressed and with zero latency."
Matrox will be showcasing the new Avio F125 KVM extender at NAB 2013 booth #SL4616, from April 8-11, 2013.
Additional Matrox Avio F125 features:
- Smooth HD, 2K and 4K video playback without any dropped frames;
- Maximum distances of 400 m (1312 ft) in multimode and 4 km (2.5 mi) in single-mode via an optional upgrade;
- Keyboard and mouse extension via two USB HID ports or PS/2 connectors;
- Four USB 2.0 ports on the receiver unit for USB 2.0 high-speed peripherals, including support for isochronous audio and video devices;
- Local outputs on the Avio transmitter unit for easy maintenance or to share the remote the desktop on a collaborative video wall;
- DDC compliance and advanced EDID management for reliable communication between the remote monitors and host system;
- Rack mountable or stand alone units;
- Plug & play design for easy deployment with no software installation;
- Compatibility with Microsoft® Windows®, Linux®, UNIX® and Mac OS® X operating systems.
Matrox Avio F125 KVM extenders will be available as of Q2 2013. For more information, including pricing, contact Matrox Graphics.
- Avio F125 Transmitter
Part number: AV-F125TXF
- Avio F125 Receiver
Part number: AV-F125RXF
About Matrox Graphics, Inc.
Matrox Graphics (matrox.com) is a leading manufacturer of graphics solutions for professional markets. In-house design expertise, top-to-bottom manufacturing, and dedicated customer support make our solutions the premier choice in industries that require stable, high-reliability products. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with representation and offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
Media Contact: Janet Matey, Media Relations Manager
T: +1 514-822-6037 - E: pr[.]matrox.com.
Avio is a trademark of Matrox Graphics Inc. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. UNIX is a registered trademark of the Open Group. Mac OS is a trademark of Apple Inc.