O’Reilly Strata Conference RainStor, provider of a database for Big Data that consistently delivers 90 percent cost savings, announced today that RainStor’s Big Data Analytics on Hadoop product has been validated with the Intel® Distribution for Apache Hadoop software. The solution provides faster, more flexible analytics using Standard SQL, BI Tools and MapReduce without the need to move data out of the Hadoop environment.
Hadoop is becoming increasingly attractive as a platform for large-scale, lower cost data management and analysis. As your data volumes grow at a rapid pace, you need to add storage and compute and so operationally, costs will continue to rise even if running on lower cost commodity hardware, which ultimately impacts your TCO. Using RainStor’s innovative database with the Intel Distribution for Apache Hadoop software, customers can drastically reduce the TCO by significantly reducing storage and at the same time improve the query and analytics performance using standard SQL access and MapReduce, Pig, Hive and more, giving you the most flexible enterprise analytics platform.
Key features of the RainStor Big Data Analytics on Hadoop solution include:
• Extreme Data Load: Handling billions of records per day. As the data is being loaded at network speed, it is automatically compressed.
• Highest Data Compression on the Market: 20-40X yielding 95+ percent reduction in the data footprint.
• Speed of Query & Analysis: Rapidly search and analyze data using native SQL, as well as MapReduce for seamless integration with existing systems and tools, which enables you to perform analysis on Hadoop without the need to move data out to a data warehouse.
• Predictable Scale: RainStor’s ability to reduce the storage and nodes across the Hadoop cluster gives customers significant cost savings and ease of scale to meet future requirements.
Applicable use-cases and solutions include:
• Analytics Data Hub: With RainStor, customers can collect and store volumes of data generated at network. Examples include communications, network, clickstream, logs and financial data for ongoing query and analysis at significantly lower cost compared to traditional database and data warehouse technologies.
• Online Data Archive: Customers can move historical data into RainStor from any data warehouse, freeing up the data warehouse to perform analysis against the most current data, while continuously providing on-demand access to the historical set in RainStor.
“RainStor values its partnership with Intel. The new Intel Distribution for Apache Hadoop software enables a new level of optimized hardware acceleration and security for enterprise customers. With RainStor’s database running natively on Hadoop, customers have an enterprise-grade solution that is not only the most efficient but speeds up analytics performance with the widest range of access tools giving customers the fastest time to value.” Ramon Chen, VP Product Management and Alliances for RainStor
“Intel is committed to enabling solutions that support a wide range of big data use cases by fostering a thriving ecosystem around Apache Hadoop. Our work with RainStor illustrates how innovative ISVs can build new solutions on the open platform provided by the Intel® Distribution for Apache Hadoop software.” Girish Juneja, General Manager, Big Data Software, Intel Corporation.
RainStor (RainStor.com) is the enterprise database company that consistently delivers 90 percent cost savings to customers facing Big Data and Data Warehousing challenges. RainStor’s patented database provides unprecedented levels of data compression combined with high performance on-demand query access, resulting in tremendous cost savings and improved operational efficiency.
RainStor provides the flexibility for users to choose from the widest variety of storage options, including NAS, SAN, CAS and even runs natively with Hadoop allowing customers to leverage and extend the life of their existing investment on low cost, commodity hardware. Leading companies including Amdocs, Anritsu, Dell, HP and Teradata partner with RainStor to deliver open, standards-based and enterprise-grade Big Data solutions.
Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.