PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Dayton, OH, United States, 2013/02/22 - Visitors to booth 631 will get a first-hand view of Beta LaserMike’s complete system solution for in-process dimensional monitoring and control, and automated quality testing of cable - BetaLaserMike.com.
Beta LaserMike, a leading global provider of precision measurement and control solutions, will exhibit its complete system solution for the in-process measurement and automated quality control testing of communication cable at this year’s Interwire in Atlanta, Georgia from April 23 25, 2013.
"In these competitive times, when cable manufacturers are worried about how they can be more profitable, we believe it is more important than ever to educate them about the power of an integrated measurement and controls system,” says Bob Stockholm, Beta LaserMike’s Director of Sales for the Americas. “We want to demonstrate that by implementing highly accurate measurement and control solutions along the critical points in the cable extrusion process, manufacturers can significantly increase productivity, reduce waste, and improve product quality to successfully grow their business.” Beta LaserMike plans to display a complete cable extrusion line measurement and control system with gauges in place from the extruder through the puller station. The integrated system solution includes Beta LaserMike’s:
• Pre-heater: system for uniform, in-process wire heating to eliminate insulation voids in primary cables.
• AccuScan: system for precise on-line measurement of cable diameter and ovality.
• CapScan: system for accurate on-line measurement of cable capacitance.
• CenterScan: system for accurate, reliable monitoring of insulated cable diameter and eccentricity of conductors.
• Lump and Neckdown: detector system, including the new LN3015 3-axis gauge.
• High-Frequency Spark Tester: for on-line detection of faults in cable insulation, such as voids and pin holes.
• LaserSpeed: system for non-contact length and speed measurement of moving product with ±0.05% accuracy, ±0.02% repeatability.
• BenchMike: bench-top system for fast, accurate dimensional measurement of cut product samples.
• DataPro: process controller and data management system.
• LayScan: system for accurate, consistent cable lay length measurement of twisted pairs.
• SRL Pro: on-line structural return loss (SRL) prediction and analysis system.
Beta LaserMike (betalasermike.com) will also be displaying its line of bench-top DCM testing systems for LAN/Data cable, such as the DCM Model ES-2G for quality testing 4-pair category cables up to 2 GHz and DCM Model SCS-350B for quality testing 4-pair category cables up to 600 MHz. Beta LaserMike’s DCM line of cable testing systems include bench-top and fully integrated turnkey solutions for accurately and reliably testing LAN/Data, Telecom, Coaxial, and Aerospace/Defense cables.