PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Saratoga Springs, NY, United States, 2013/02/20 - The workforce is increasingly working from home! The MASIE Center’s Learning CONSORTIUM has announced TeleWork 2013, a global conference focused on the changing world of teleworking and telecommuting, from June 23 to 25 in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Hosted by Elliott Masie, an international leader in the learning and development field, and Hunter Arnold, a human talent and human resources expert, TeleWork 2013 will address key opportunities and challenges for organizations.
TeleWork 2013 is built around in-depth labs and case studies focused on:
• TeleWork and Human Resources;
• TeleWork and Learning/Development;
• TeleWork and Technology Resources;
• TeleWork and Legal Issues;
• TeleWork and Work/Life Balance;
• TeleWork and Business Realities.
TeleWork creates a set of new and interesting challenges:
• Maternity Leave and Telework: How might a parent choose to alter/extend maternity leave with phased telework and presence?
• He Fell Off His Bad Chair: What are the liabilities of an employer for the furniture and environment in the home office, when purchased by the employee?
• Coffee Shop The Third Office: Home-based employees need to unwind and socialize! What is the role of coffee shops in the workday of the teleworker?
• BYOD Computing & Security: Teleworkers will be operating from their mobile devices as much as their desktops. How does the organization create agility and security from the BYOD environment?
• Will They Stay??: Do teleworkers leave organizations more easily than office-based workers? How do organizations keep teleworkers engaged, collaborative and connected?
• Leading Teleworkers: What are the skills for managers leading teams of distributed teleworkers, many of whom they may never meet face to face?
“When we used to hire a new employee, the question was, ‘When can you move?’ But, in the world of teleworkers, the question is,“When can you start from your home?’”, said Elliott Masie, one of the hosts of TeleWork 2013. “Many of the largest organizations in the world now have 15 to 30 percent of their teleworkers working on a full time telework basis and often have contingent/emergency telework capacity for the larger workforce in case of a storm or disruption.”
TeleWork 2013 (telework2013.com) will take place June 23 to 25 in Saratoga Springs, NY, a historic city in upstate New York, to reflect the reality that many of our workers are choosing a city that is optimal for their lifestyle and then teleworking to an employer that is optimal for their work and career. Saratoga Springs, NY is one of the first communities in the Untied States with a deep commitment to supporting telework, organized by the Chamber of Commerce and weaving together local teleworkers into a supportive community.
Speakers at TeleWork 2013 will include keynote speaker Susan Cain, author of Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking. Susan will look at how we support teleworkers with a wide range of communication and collaborative styles while Elliott Masie will address TeleWork Trends in the Workplace. Hunter Arnold will focus on Talent and Human Resource Shifts. Case studies from large employers with growing telework patterns will be presented. And, a Telework Tech Lab will be constructed to demonstrate changing computing, video conferencing and collaborative technologies to support teleworkers.
The MASIE Center (masie.com) is an international Learning LAB and research center working with global organizations. Headquarters are in Saratoga Springs, NY, with staff located in Virginia and Shanghai, China.