Future, the international specialist media group and leading digital publisher, today unveils the latest round of ABC figures for Total Film in the period July-December 2012.
Total Film continues to extend its overall brand reach. As an exemplar of a modern multi-platform brand, Total Film serves its core audience online, via social media, on mobile, through events and in print and digital editions.
Combining ABC audited figures for Total Film’s print, standard digital and interactive digital editions, Total Film delivers a total average monthly circulation of 75,491 for the period July-December 2012.
PRINT – 65,381
DIGITAL – 1,631
DIGITAL PUBLICATIONS CERTIFICATE AUDIT* – 8,479
COMBINED – 75,491
* NB the Digital Publications Certificate is not included in the ABC Concurrent release but includes ABC audited copy sales of the interactive digital edition of Total Film.
Total Film launched its fully interactive iPad edition in May last year and was named Film Magazine of the Year at the Digital Magazine Awards in December.
Online, totalfilm.com had its most successful month ever in December 2012, with a record 2.49 million global unique users, up 107% year-on-year**. Whilst its social media audience for December 2012 included 132,534 Facebook likes, up 21% year-on-year, and 124,707 Twitter followers, up 70% year-on-year and 177,000 followers on Tumblr. Whilst on mobile, Total Film now reaches 259,000 unique users.
Lee Nutter, Group Publisher of Total Film, says: “Total Film is a truly multiplatform brand, producing must-read content across all touch points. Once again we have record website traffic and our interactive digital edition continues to go from strength-to-strength. Although the print sector remains a challenging environment, it is extremely encouraging to see Total Film’s print circulation exceed those of brands such as Esquire and Q. Our brand reach is bigger than it ever has been.”
**Global unique users measured by comScore Digital Analytix
About Total Film
Total Film (totalfilm.com) is the modern movie brand, taking an affectionate and irreverent look at Hollywood blockbusters, classic films and more indie fare. Both TotalFilm.com and Total Film magazine provide readers with all the latest gossip and news from the film world, including first looks at the coolest movies in production now. Plus, Total Film offers the world’s most reliable film and DVD reviews together with exclusive interviews with the biggest names and hottest talents working in movies right now.
About Future plc
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
• Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Classic Rock and Official Xbox Magazine.
• We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple’s Newsstand for iPad.
• Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
• Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.